Mc Donald's New Burger

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer

Reaction score
Just saw a quick segment on the news that McDonald's is getting ready to release their version of the Angus burger. Looks like it's gonna be available in 3 styles and cost around $3.99.
I'm just saying what I saw - I'll let everyone else argue about where this beef will come from and whether or not there is enough Angus beef to keep filling all these restaurant / store promotions.

They can put it in a black paper wrapper and call it Angus as long as its good for all I care.

CAB Hamburger, now wouldnt that be a treat. :lol: IM guessing the price tag would be considerable higher than 3.99 though.

Here's you some GOOD angus burger meat:

Recall Release CLASS I RECALL
FSIS-RC-019-2004 HEALTH RISK: HIGH

Congressional and Public Affairs
(202) 720-9113; FAX: (202) 690-0460
Steven Cohen

WASHINGTON, - Wolverine Packing Company, a Detroit, Mich., firm, is voluntarily recalling approximately 101,600 pounds of fresh ground beef products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7.

All of the products were produced on June 15, 2004 and were shipped nationwide to foodservice distributors. Each box bears the establishment number, "2574B," and case lot numbers "061504" and "4167."

The following products are subject to recall:
"BLACK ANGUS BEEF, 2/1, Ground Beef Chuck SteakBurgers, NET WT. 16 LBS."
"BLACK ANGUS BEEF, 7 oz., Ground Beef SteakBurgers, NET WT. 14 LBS."
"BLACK ANGUS BEEF, 3/1, Ground Beef Chuck SteakBurgers, NET WT. 13.33 LBS."
"BLACK ANGUS BEEF, 4/1, Ground Beef SteakBurgers, NET WT. 14 LBS."
"AM. BRIGGS, 80/20, Ground Beef Patties, 4z, NET WT. 14 LBS."
"A.M. BRIGGS, 80/20, 10z., GROUND BEEF PATTIES, NET WT. 15 LBS."
"A.M. BRIGGS, 6z., 85/15, Ground Beef Chuck Patties, NET WT. 12 LBS."
"A.M. BRIGGS, CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, Ground Beef Patties, 8z., 2/1, NET WT. 16 LBS."
"A.M. BRIGGS, 8z., 2/1, 80/20, Ground Beef Patties, NET WT. 16 LBS."
"A.M. BRIGGS, 80/20, Ground Beef Patties, 5.33z. NET WT. 13.33 LBS."
"AM. BRIGGS, BULK, 80/20, Ground Beef, NET WT. 20 LBS."
"A.M. BRIGGS, 85/15, 8z., Ground Beef Chuck Patties, NET WT. 16 LBS."
"STEAKOUT, CHAR-BROILED DELIVERY, Ground Beef Patties, 10z., NET WT. 15 LBS."
"STEAK-OUT CHAR-BROILED DELIVERY, Ground Beef Patties, 7z., NET WT. 14 LBS."
"TEXAS ROADHOUSE ORIGINAL GRINDS, BULK, Ground Beef Chuck, NET WT. 20 LBS."
"Stock Yards, BULK Ground Beef Chuck, CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, NET WT. 20 LBS." [/b
Stock Yards, 2/1, Thick Ground Beef Chuck Patties, CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, NET WT. 16 LBS."
"Hard Rock Cafe, 7oz., Ground Beef Patties, NET WT. 14 LBS."
"Stock Yards, 3/1, Thick, Ground Beef Chuck Patties, NET WT. 13.33 LBS."
"Stock Yards, 3/1, Thick, Ground Beef Chuck Patties, CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, NET WT. 13.33 LBS."
"Stock Yards, BULK, Ground Beef Chuck, NET WT. 20 LBS."

Kinda looks like CAB and BLACK ANGUS BEEF came from the same supply. There's even some with a generic name WITHOUT the ANGUS designation. If Angus beef were that highly heralded, why wouldn't they sell ALL of it as CAB?:lol:

kinda looks like doesnt mean kinda squat. It kind-a-looks like you are twisting facts into something you want them to mean.

This is a packing plant! Mcdonalds cooks fries as well as burgers. Does that mean the fries are really burgers, lets not mention the chicken nuggets. I guess by your logic they are really beaf, being they come from the same place. :lol:

Way to totally change a thread.

3MR":dmhpgzrt said:
CAB Hamburger, now wouldnt that be a treat. :lol: IM guessing the price tag would be considerable higher than 3.99 though.

Kinda looks like SOMEONE doesn't know what the he77 they are talking about!

CAB Hamburger? What a concept! Is it marbled enough? :lol:

MikeC":2iu138qk said:
3MR":2iu138qk said:

Thats were the onions come in.

Theoretically you could make ground beef out of any beaf though. I sure could think of a better use for a steak though.

MikeC":10703ur7 said:
3MR":10703ur7 said:

Mike, you are so entertaining. But I have to agree: Somebody sure doesn't know what they're talking about. Now we know who. :lol:

A sample:

"Vinings Inn Half Pound Certified Angus Beef Burger/Black Pepper Bun"

http://www.viningsinn.com/menu_category ... 73&par25=0

Certified Angus Beef® Bubba Burger

http://www.bubba-burger.com/certified-angus-beef.html

"A NEW LEGEND IN BURGER HISTORY
Hard Rock International Introduces New Legendary Burger Made with Certified Angus Beef®"

http://www.hardrock.com/corporate/press ... spx?id=125

"Alexander's Certified Angus Beef Burger or Breast of Chicken*
1/3 pound, served on a Kaiser roll.
Several different burgers to choose from:"

http://www.alexanderscountryinn.com/menu.html

I was just thinking that this would be an excellent place to get rid of all those old Angus cows- it's just says it's an Angus burger, didn't say it was from a prime steer or an old played out cow or a 10 year old bull.

Frankie, I am not the one who doubted there was CAB hamburger. I am the one who confirmed it!
:roll:
Look back, you'll find out who did. :lol:

What I found funny was that CAB, Black Angus Beef, and generic hamburger was made in the same batch according to the FSIS recall.

Thought you had something Frankie? :lol: :lol:

Fast-food chain trying out a high-end, one-third of a pound Angus beef burger priced at $3.99, according to newspaper.
March 7 2007: 1:51 PM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Fast-food chain McDonald's is testing a bigger high-end Angus burger that costs a little bit more for the extra weight, according to a published report Wednesday.

The Chicago Tribune said the new Third Pounder is currently available only in about 600 restaurant locations in Southern California. At one-third of a pound, the burger is the biggest on the McDonald's (Charts) menu at outlets where it is being tested.

It is also the most expensive sandwich, priced at $3.99, the paper said.

The paper quoted McDonald's franchise owner Scott Frisbie as saying that he approached the company about two years ago with the idea that the McDonald's menu needed a premium burger to remain competitive.

Developed by McDonald's executive chef Dan Coudreaut, the burger comes on a denser bun, which Frisbie said has more of a "roll flavor," the report said.

"The initial reaction has been overwhelmingly positive," said Frisbie, who helped conduct the initial tests of the burger during the past four months at two of his family's 17 franchises in the Anaheim area. "The sales really surprised us," he told the paper.

By the time you add in fries and a drink you could have went and sat down and gotten something much better.

Gate Opener":284yik8r said:
By the time you add in fries and a drink you could have went and sat down and gotten something much better.

Oh yeah! I don't care what kind of beef they're touting at McDonalds...I won't buy it, and I dang sure won't eat it (long story there)...unless it's for my grandkids and nephews who don't know the difference. Then, what the hey, I'm a pushover.

Alice

We have had the Angus Beef burger on the menu for a year now, but have never had one as I don't eat McD's, Burger King here have had the Angus Burger for quite sometime also. As I don't eat burgers what is the difference? .....I thought McD's only added it because of the competition, I may be wrong.

Alice":29nx8mky said:
Gate Opener":29nx8mky said:

Oh yeah! I don't care what kind of beef they're touting at McDonalds...I won't buy it, and I dang sure won't eat it (long story there)...unless it's for my grandkids and nephews who don't know the difference. Then, what the hey, I'm a pushover.

Alice

I have raised the ultimate children. They have never liked McDonald's. They would eat there if someone suggested it, but left to their own devices, they won't choose it. I don't know how I did it.

I don't like them either. It was rare for me to go there but the last two times I did it made me sick. I won't go back. I noticed that the restaurants smell funny. Doesn't really smell the way food cooking should.

Field Reporter Assignment for Chrisy:
Go to your local McD's - get one of these new burgers and give a full report!
We'll need a price report - please convert to US $$ as we are not well versed.
We'll need an overall appearance report - there seems to be some concern as to the 'marbling' of this fine delicacy.
And lastly a taste report! (Of course, most of us are already decided on this point.)

Send the bill to the boys down in Tennessee.

BB

Latest posts