Marking individual posts read

Help Support CattleToday:

pauline

Reaction score
I know how to mark all topics read. But how do you mark individual posts of a thread read?

When an icon on the left has turned from blue to orange, that indicates that new messages have been posted. Then I go to the last page and read from the last message back up. How do I mark the messages in a thread read so that I won't re-read the messages? I often spend half the time re-reading, not knowing... :???:

Thank
Pauline

I copied this from an earlier thread when Macon was changing over to the new format. Don't know if this will help or not.

Re: About to wind it up...
by M Gravlee on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:15 pm

fit2btied wrote:
Question: My home and school computers both have Windows XP. When I read a topic at home, the icon changes from yellow to white as soon as it's read - love that! My computer at school doesn't change it without refreshing the page. I'm guessing it's a setting somewhere. Any ideas as to how I can get my school computer to mark them as they are read?

Macon's response:
If you use the navigation links at the top and bottom of the page it should work. If you use your browsers back button you will have to refresh. But then again there are so many different kinds of computers using so many different operating systems with different browsers, nothing is for certain.

Are any of you using WebTV? I've had one report that it doesn't work at all on there.Macon Gravlee
[email protected]" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M Gravlee
Site Admin

Private messageWebsite

Easiest thing I do is click first unread post at the top right hand corner right above the first thread. Thats after I click on a topic

Latest posts