Man Up and Chill Out

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
It's hard not to say something you shouldn't say. A good discussion is one thing, but we shouldn't call each other names.
We have a good place here and lets try to keep it that way. :2cents:

I agree. There's some real nice and real smart folks on here that I have developed a lot of respect for, and would love to meet in person.

Any comments that degrades, name calling and personal attacks is better left unsaid.

Some of us want to vent, and some of us want to hear other's opinions and perspectives, but it should all be done with respect for one another.

It always gets snarkey on here when things get political. That's why our fearless leader always suggests going to ranchers to air your views.

slick4591":2zuvri34 said:
It's been said once you start with the insults you've lost the argument.
And if the moderator catches it you've lost the whole thread

People is people, preachers can get caught up and act out of line just like any of us. I think it would be pretty tough to live with all the extra judgment.

The way I look at it, they weren't the ones that wrote the good word or are instructed to judge the world. They were just given the duty of leading the message when the congregation is gathered. Not giving anyone a free pass either, cause if their actions are turning others away from the Lord, I wouldn't want to be them when the day of accounting comes.

I'm just glad I don't have to be judged for every mess up I've made, or even just the ones I remember.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day and gets to spend a little down time with family and friends.

Commercialfarmer":rbzd4gky said:
People is people, preachers can get caught up and act out of line just like any of us. I think it would be pretty tough to live with all the extra judgment.

The way I look at it, they weren't the ones that wrote the good word or are instructed to judge the world. They were just given the duty of leading the message when the congregation is gathered. Not giving anyone a free pass either, cause if their actions are turning others away from the Lord, I wouldn't want to be them when the day of accounting comes.

I'm just glad I don't have to be judged for every mess up I've made, or even just the ones I remember.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable day and gets to spend a little down time with family and friends.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

(Rev) Dr. James Manning is the mans name.
From Wikipedia..........
Pastor Manning grew up outside the town of Red Springs, North Carolina, which was then segregated. He picked cotton and tobacco as a boy, and took a bus to New York the day he graduated from high school. He became radicalized in the 1960s and said he was driven by his hatred of white people.
As a younger man, Manning burgled homes, mostly on Long Island. Between 1969 and 1974, he said, he broke into as many as 100 houses, and once threatened an associate with a loaded shotgun. He spent about three and a half years in prison in New York and Florida for burglary, robbery, larceny, criminal possession of a weapon, and other charges before his release in 1978. While in prison, he became a devout Christian. Manning has said that his past life of crime and then incarceration have helped to shape his wider perspective upon life, and that he doesn't shy away from discussing it.

Beginning study in 1982, Manning graduated from Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York where he was awarded a Master of Divinity in 1985. During his graduate studies, Manning went on a religious study tour to Latin America, and later to Africa.

Manning came to public attention in the 2008 presidential election after ATLAH posted several sermons of his that were harshly critical of Democratic candidate Barack Obama on the website YouTube.

Manning defended his sermons in an interview on Fox News, saying that "we also have to talk about his character."
In his sermons and in video messages posted on his church's Web site and on YouTube, Pastor Manning has denounced the influence of Charles Rangel, Al Sharpton, Cornel West and Jay-Z.
If you go to YouTube and type in Rev. James Manning, you can hear his beliefs on how the country is heading. There are many videos to chose from.

highgrit":3qb1kimf said:
It's hard not to say something you shouldn't say. A good discussion is one thing, but we shouldn't call each other names.
We have a good place here and lets try to keep it that way. :2cents:

I missed it. What happened?? I haven't called anybodya name in several days.

Jesse Lee Peterson is a man on YouTube that tries to turn people around. I don't agree with all of his thoughts as I don't agree with Dr. Manning's. Jesse Lee thinks that women should never have been given the right to vote. I can think of many that do not need to vote as well as men, but we can't pick and choose them. Since I agree with most of what he says, I am going to overlook that, and go with the positive. Of course if I were face to face with him, I would have to discuss that topic with him.
Type in Jesse Lee Peterson in YouTube, and you can listen to some of his longer radio shows, or short clips of his radio shows or on TV.

Latest posts