Made me a different Salad today

Help Support CattleToday:

Nowland Farms

Reaction score
I had been in the shop most of the morning working on an old WWII jeep and went into the house for lunch. I didn't want anything real heavy since I was hot.

Looked on the counter and saw some ripe red tomatos and cucembers from the garden so I decided to make me a salad. Wanting something different, here is what I ended up with

-Peeled and sliced up a cucumber in small chips
-Sliced and cubed a Tomato
-Added Salt & Pepper
-Crumbled up 10-12 Saltine Crackers
-Added a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise

Mixed all up. It was great.

I call it Nowland's Cucumber, Tomato & Cracker Salad.

As Mikey said "Try it, you'll like it !!!!"

Sounds interesting, might have to try it. We eat crackers WITH salad all the time, so why not IN the salad??

I also concocted a good one recently. Cucumbers are in season but my family was tired of cucumber, tomato and onion salad, the sweet one with vinegar and oil dressing. So I cut up a cucumber, an onion and a bell pepper and mixed them with some cottage cheese (I had a 12 oz tub but the bigger one might have been better), then stirred in a packet of ranch dressing powder mix . Everyone liked it and said make it again sometime.

Wow that sounds good with the cottage cheese! I have always made mine with ranch, or creamy italian dressing.
It gets so hot here sometimes my husband will make a meal out of the cucumber and tomato salad, maybe a cold sandwich....it's too hot to eat a hot meal some days!

Latest posts