maddest you've been

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboyup216":3ulicqfk said:
I have whooped a few in my younger days.

We called that sport. As I have aged, I have come to see it was out of ignorance.

State troopers detained me for two hours after I was rear ended at a traffic light. Wrote the gal that rear ended me a ticket and made me wait for a game warden to get there. They said I had broken the game laws and when I started telling them I hadn't they took my drivers license and made me wait. My daughter was with me and had threw up at here friends house before I picked her up. She threw up again in the truck while we waited. Game warden showed up. Troopers wouldn't let me talk to him till they had a private chat. Warden wrote me a different ticket than what the troopers were detaining me for (because they were wrong). Ticket was for "transporting a carcass before final destination" (look it up if you like, totally bent the law to write it). I immediatley called the wardens supervisor once they released me. The supervisor basically called me liar. It all ended up getting thrown out before it went to court. I was very angry about that for months. I have very little respect for the state troopers and game wardens now. Especially the troopers.

Walt

Txwalt":2cejvzhh said:
went to court. I was very angry about that for months. I have very little respect for the state troopers and game wardens now. Especially the troopers.

Walt

Do you expect they think the same of you?

I can see the sickness of your child. Not the ticket. Life is too short.

I doubt you've been bullied by law enforcement before. I can tell you its very difficult to deal with when you know you've done nothing wrong. I didn't know it at the time but I could have left if I had just said "Am I under arrest". But they put their cars in a position so I couldn't leave and kept my drivers license. They did everything to make me think I wasn't allowed to leave but say it. They were playing dirty and I didn't know any better. Over their percieved game violation that they were wrong about. Don't ever let law enforcement officials detain you unless they say you are under arrest. While we were waiting for the warden they also took the time to rifle through my cooler (it was in the back of my truck) while I was taking the girls to the bathroom. One of the trooper went around the truck cupping his hands looking in the windows while we were waiting. I know some of you will think "if you weren't doing anyting wrong you shouldn't care". If you have thought that when someone is digging through your stuff then I'll ask you to read the constituition. It mentions something about illegal search in there.

Walt

Had a logger cut across the line fence and stole some timber one time. I confronted him and he acted like he had done nothing wrong - said he needed some extra timber to finish the day out. (200 yards of fence drug all over the place and three loads of logs cut off the place.) He refused to fix the fence and couldn't see where he had done anything wrong. I was beyond mad.

Jogeephus":1qf2o65u said:
Had a logger cut across the line fence and stole some timber one time. I confronted him and he acted like he had done nothing wrong - said he needed some extra timber to finish the day out. (200 yards of fence drug all over the place and three loads of logs cut off the place.) He refused to fix the fence and couldn't see where he had done anything wrong. I was beyond mad.

then what happened?

Beefy":2l0eg9ui said:
Jogeephus":2l0eg9ui said:

then what happened?

Kinda long story, but I came close to killing him. Turns out he was on drugs (crack). Company he worked for fired him and they fixed the fences and I name my price for the timber. Long story short so to speak.

Wewild":78zjjydy said:
Txwalt":78zjjydy said:
went to court. I was very angry about that for months. I have very little respect for the state troopers and game wardens now. Especially the troopers.

Walt

Do you expect they think the same of you?
I guess they did think the same of him. If they had respect for him they would not have treated him with such disrespect.

If police want respect, they need to treat the people with respect. Not intimidation.

I must be missing something in Walt's story. What was the carcass he was transporting? Must have been something there to base the ticket on.

Txwalt":37erp65g said:
State troopers detained me for two hours after I was rear ended at a traffic light. Wrote the gal that rear ended me a ticket and made me wait for a game warden to get there. They said I had broken the game laws and when I started telling them I hadn't they took my drivers license and made me wait. My daughter was with me and had threw up at here friends house before I picked her up. She threw up again in the truck while we waited. Game warden showed up. Troopers wouldn't let me talk to him till they had a private chat. Warden wrote me a different ticket than what the troopers were detaining me for (because they were wrong). Ticket was for "transporting a carcass before final destination" (look it up if you like, totally bent the law to write it). I immediatley called the wardens supervisor once they released me. The supervisor basically called me liar. It all ended up getting thrown out before it went to court. I was very angry about that for months. I have very little respect for the state troopers and game wardens now. Especially the troopers.

Walt

I'm with you Walt, I posted my story here a few months ago, so I won't post it again. But in a nut shell, I got stopped by a county sheriff and I had him in a lie and all he could do is bully me and intemidate me. He had a couple of city police that showed up and he changed his tune pretty quick and dumped me in their lap. I had done nothing wrong and they let me go. The county ended up apologizing to me. But I have lost most of my respect for cops. Sorry to all the cops and relitives of cops here, but as stated before one bad bulling experience will ruin it for all the good cops.... it has for me, I don't trust them.

Alan

A lot of Lawmen walk the line between good and evil. Seems a lot of em' seccumb to the latter. I still respect the Boys we have around here. They're a great bunch.

Why bother to get mad... it's more fun to watch the "Dog" have his day. I'm a firm believer in what comes around, goes around.I do have a story very similiar to Jogeephus' with Loggers. They stole from us for weeks, and they soon went broke and went to Texas, last I heard.

Hard to say. Gotta pretty bad temper.

I guess the maddest I been in the past couple years was when the wife an Crowder had their tater fight. I thunk that Crowder was way out classed. :shock:

It takes a good bit to get me truly mad. I've been truly mad twice since I've known my wife.
About 13 years ago had a fellow that worked with my wife tell her he was going to knock the **** out of her. Figured that I was going to jail that day but I didn't and he wouldn't even look at her after that. ;-)

Plenty mad this afternoon. 20 year old son, who consumes a HUGE amount of our money and does not help AT ALL on the farm, is told he needs to stay home this weekend to help bale hay. Guess who skips out when his dad is out hooking up the baler?! I was ON FIRE.

angie":3gpodq7r said:
Plenty mad this afternoon. 20 year old son, who consumes a HUGE amount of our money and does not help AT ALL on the farm, is told he needs to stay home this weekend to help bale hay. Guess who skips out when his dad is out hooking up the baler?! I was ON FIRE.

19 year old here that is sooooo abused because we are shipping chickens at midnight on the 4th of July and that is his "favorite holiday and it is just ruined"! (as if we had any control on when that is scheduled :roll: )
I threatened to call the law on him today!
isn't there a place we can send them until their brains catch up with their mouths????

I told mine he needs to shut either his hand or his mouth. I took his keys and told him he could get them back when he came in from the hay field or when he had all of his be nice packed in his car. He packed his car.... (actually our car but you know what i mean). Always good to know you're not alone in the boat ~ thanks

Latest posts