maddest you've been

Help Support CattleToday:

Walt - I'm not sticking up for the law by any means or am I saying what they did to you was right but you can be detained for questioning without being arrested and all the law needs to do a stop or a search is reasonable cause. It is a sorry day when the law does some of the things they do. Hope you never have another experience like the one you had. Just remember some bad apples don't spoil the bunch and I would still depend on a cop if I ever needed one.

Txwalt":2sktyb3a said:
I doubt you've been bullied by law enforcement before. I can tell you its very difficult to deal with when you know you've done nothing wrong. I didn't know it at the time but I could have left if I had just said "Am I under arrest". But they put their cars in a position so I couldn't leave and kept my drivers license. They did everything to make me think I wasn't allowed to leave but say it. They were playing dirty and I didn't know any better. Over their percieved game violation that they were wrong about. Don't ever let law enforcement officials detain you unless they say you are under arrest. While we were waiting for the warden they also took the time to rifle through my cooler (it was in the back of my truck) while I was taking the girls to the bathroom. One of the trooper went around the truck cupping his hands looking in the windows while we were waiting. I know some of you will think "if you weren't doing anyting wrong you shouldn't care". If you have thought that when someone is digging through your stuff then I'll ask you to read the constituition. It mentions something about illegal search in there.

Walt

I make it a practice not to get mad. I sometimes fail.

One thing I do know. If you get mad at someone and hold it close to your heart.... It only hurts you. The other folks don't know it is that bad for you. They probably don't even look at it as an issue that they should think twice about.

Life is to short.

To make this real short, I approached a man that was violating safety procedures at work that were affecting me, my safety on the job, including many people that were anywhere around me in public. When I was going to go get someone's attention about it quick, he accused me of shoving him down and had another "buddy" to say he witnessed it. Workplace violence over rules any other charge at work. He sued me for 2 million dollars and included the company. I had to hire a lawyer/crook just for him to file the papers and read letters. It cost me over $20,000 for this crook/lawyer type person. Company wouldn't help me because afraid of lawsuit for discrimination for standing beside me instead of the other accuser. Needless to say, other man has since been fired.
Not a day goes by that I don't think about how quick someone can take away things you work for years just for making up a false accusation. By him filing a lawsuit, even if you prove you are innocent, the lawyer fees can take away your savings, farm, etc......
A lawyer will not counter sue unless the man is worth millions and there is a chance that he might win with an out of court settlement. Otherwise, it is a waste of his time to try to get back $50,000 since he can earn more from a discrimination or workmans comp case. Here, lawyers will not file suits against each other for friviolous law suits. Their excuse is that they don't file suits against friends after give you a long speech on how that lawyer is ripping you a new one.
Now to get my blood pressure back down before I go to bed! :mad:
I consider lawyers characters equal to that of someone who has spent many years on a chain gang for car jacking senior citizens.
If I were a dung beetle, I would drink a bottle of Timic before I rolled up a ball of lawyer shitz unless he was inside of it and I could get enough help to bury it deep enough he would never be able to crawl out.
I feel better now!
Chuckie

last year a man ran a stop sign and I had to lay my motorcycle down. I was fine and when I got up he blamed the accident on me. So I went over to his car and let the air out of two of his tires. When the cops showed up. they wrote him a ticket and just laughed about the tires.

there is not much respect for the law here, by the youngsters and after the incident with my boy I can see why, and it made me mad as he11. He was arrested for being MUGGED....he threw a punch at the boy who hit him in the face and stamped on his head while down, when Rob got up he went for him and has had to go to court for Violent Disorder Charge. His Solisitor has been briliant she has got the order down to afray, and now instead of going to Prison for it he is getting a fine and a caution, for being Mugged still how bad is that. All the other boy got was at the Police station don't be a naughty boy.
Moral of the story is don't defend yourself or you will be on the wrong side, I am begining to think you might have it right over there.

no respect for cops, got picked at random at a roadblock, was made to empty my pockets and questioned while their dog "alerted" and they proceeded to search my truck and detained me for about an hour. I believe in the constitution very strongly and they were very happy to settle out of court. Every single one of them will swear on the bible to tell the truth and then lie if it helps their case to get a convicttion, they are professional testiliars and if they deny this it just proves my point.

angie":2iqnixkj said:
Plenty mad this afternoon. 20 year old son, who consumes a HUGE amount of our money and does not help AT ALL on the farm, is told he needs to stay home this weekend to help bale hay. Guess who skips out when his dad is out hooking up the baler?! I was ON FIRE.

Time for that young one, to get out in the real world, get a job, and start supporting himself, he would learn real quick that money doesn't grow on trees.

Gail

angie":1xtdb70w said:
Plenty mad this afternoon. 20 year old son, who consumes a HUGE amount of our money and does not help AT ALL on the farm, is told he needs to stay home this weekend to help bale hay. Guess who skips out when his dad is out hooking up the baler?! I was ON FIRE.
My question is, why have you put up with it this long. He should have been making a significant contribution helping on the farm years ago.

ours has been helping but now that he is an "adult" he doesn't think that anything is out of his control
also - grandparents that have custody don't have any backbone
(he is my nephew) (they must have had me buffaloed when I was his age - I think that if I had acted like he does I'd have been knocked into next week)

he has worked here since he came to live here - in fact that is one of the things that I was told yesterday - "I've worked here since I was 7" - my response was "you haven't done anything for the last year"

I had a neighbor borrow my fairly new pickup while I was at work many years ago. He filled it FULL of broken concrete and on the way to the dump, ran it out of gas. When it died, he pulled into a ditch that was pretty steep and then ran the battery down trying to start it again.

So there I sat - old, fat & ugly, didn't even know the pickup had been borrowed and then he rings the door bell and ask for help getting it started. When we got to the pickup and I saw how he had abused it with the concrete and the ditch, I was really ticked off. I am proud to say that to this day, he still doesn't know that I was ******!

The best way to deal with anger is to keep your mouth shut, your thoughts to yourself and give yourself plenty of time to cool off. If the issue is still important to you a day or two later, repeat the steps above. Hopefully sooner or later, it won't matter any more.

Chuckie":2zaxy1b8 said:
To make this real short, I approached a man that was violating safety procedures at work that were affecting me, my safety on the job, including many people that were anywhere around me in public. When I was going to go get someone's attention about it quick, he accused me of shoving him down and had another "buddy" to say he witnessed it. Workplace violence over rules any other charge at work. He sued me for 2 million dollars and included the company. I had to hire a lawyer/crook just for him to file the papers and read letters. It cost me over $20,000 for this crook/lawyer type person. Company wouldn't help me because afraid of lawsuit for discrimination for standing beside me instead of the other accuser. Needless to say, other man has since been fired.

I think I would have to make sure he got pushed down something over that deal! That would be a hard thing to take someone just flat out lying about something like that.

Then I would have to push the friend down also ;-)

chrisy":3bohmnu9 said:
there is not much respect for the law here, by the youngsters and after the incident with my boy I can see why, and it made me mad as he11. He was arrested for being MUGGED....he threw a punch at the boy who hit him in the face and stamped on his head while down, when Rob got up he went for him and has had to go to court for Violent Disorder Charge. His Solisitor has been briliant she has got the order down to afray, and now instead of going to Prison for it he is getting a fine and a caution, for being Mugged still how bad is that. All the other boy got was at the Police station don't be a naughty boy.
Moral of the story is don't defend yourself or you will be on the wrong side, I am begining to think you might have it right over there.

What made them go after your son instead of the other boy? What was the reason for not believing your son when he said the guy tried to mug him?

angie":1nww89v2 said:

When he got home the locks would be changed and his clothes on the porch. Bad enough we have to deal with crap from kids til they are 18 and graduated H.S.

My son turns 18 next April, after graduation he won't be costing me any money unless he is bringing home some good College report cards. Otherwise he will be a positive contributor here or to the Housing market by paying rent.

aplusmnt":26lnpwjy said:
chrisy":26lnpwjy said:

What made them go after your son instead of the other boy? What was the reason for not believing your son when he said the guy tried to mug him?

some of the incedent was caght on CCTV. It started inside the night club that was not on the CCTV, when this boy pushed my Son and his pint got spilt Rob said ' watch it mate' and the other boy just lunged at Rob, then him and two of his mates dragged Rob outside, before he knew what was happening the boy had smacked him in the face and while he was down stamped on his head, Rob's mates came out to help him, as he got up he went for the boy and was caught on the TV, none of what the other boy done was. so it was his word against Robs, but as his Solicitor said 'Why believe the other boy over him when he has cuts to his face, and a bald patch from a heel on the side of his head, and concusion, and the punch he threw never conected'. as was seen on the CCTV. the Judge asked the same question. The other boys that were with the boy were never caught or looked for, which the Judge also said 'This is not fair on these boys' Robs friends were also arrested for helping him. They were seen picking him up and shouting swearing at the others. There is no more to it than that as it has been proven to be the case. The reason the Police said they arrested them was they have a duty to act on anyone throwing a punch when caught on CCTV, and if anyone was walking passed at the time would be frightened by fighting and swearing. The Judge just laughed at that explaination, and asked to see the other boys. Which he still hasn't.

chrisy":10mee97s said:
aplusmnt":10mee97s said:
chrisy":10mee97s said:

some of the incedent was caght on CCTV. It started inside the night club that was not on the CCTV, when this boy pushed my Son and his pint got spilt Rob said ' watch it mate' and the other boy just lunged at Rob, then him and two of his mates dragged Rob outside, before he knew what was happening the boy had smacked him in the face and while he was down stamped on his head, Rob's mates came out to help him, as he got up he went for the boy and was caught on the TV, none of what the other boy done was. so it was his word against Robs, but as his Solicitor said 'Why believe the other boy over him when he has cuts to his face, and a bald patch from a heel on the side of his head, and concusion, and the punch he threw never conected'. as was seen on the CCTV. the Judge asked the same question. The other boys that were with the boy were never caught or looked for, which the Judge also said 'This is not fair on these boys' Robs friends were also arrested for helping him. They were seen picking him up and shouting swearing at the others. There is no more to it than that as it has been proven to be the case. The reason the Police said they arrested them was they have a duty to act on anyone throwing a punch when caught on CCTV, and if anyone was walking passed at the time would be frightened by fighting and swearing. The Judge just laughed at that explaination, and asked to see the other boys. Which he still hasn't.

I see. Over here Mugged usually means someone is trying to steal your wallet or money. Usually Muggers have a gun or knife or something and are trying to rob you.

Sounds like mugged over there is a term used for getting into a fight. You never know how them fights will turn out and who will get in trouble on it.

My son got in a fight at a ball game last year and the kid through the first punch but my son ducked and then hit him in the face. The sheriff said the other family could press charges because technically my son hit the other kid first. Even after both kids agreed to go outside and settle it.

Use to a good fist fight settled itself but in today's times it is never that simple!

Sorry, i don;t know how to do qoutes so if you want, go back and read aand am not on line during the day so was not ignoring, just baling hay... Kid is out, put up with it for so long because..... I don't know, why do people put up with dangerous cows or bulls? You can see good traits and just hope they will change. then one day you have enough and you eat them (hehehe). Still hoping he'll grow up, just on someone else's dime. Besides, has our grand daughter and am thinking we won't be seeing her for awhile ~ was hoping to avoid that one.

aplusmnt":3tdjgvfq said:
chrisy":3tdjgvfq said:
aplusmnt":3tdjgvfq said:
chrisy":3tdjgvfq said:

I see. Over here Mugged usually means someone is trying to steal your wallet or money. Usually Muggers have a gun or knife or something and are trying to rob you.

Sounds like mugged over there is a term used for getting into a fight. You never know how them fights will turn out and who will get in trouble on it.

My son got in a fight at a ball game last year and the kid through the first punch but my son ducked and then hit him in the face. The sheriff said the other family could press charges because technically my son hit the other kid first. Even after both kids agreed to go outside and settle it.

Use to a good fist fight settled itself but in today's times it is never that simple!

Mugged does also mean trying to steal something off of someone, the kids use the word for any kind of aultercation now.

Maddest I've ever been?
I was 12 yo lost my grandmother to cancer. I wore one of her dresses to a Halloween party at school. went thru the haunted house and a girl sprayed me with water, even though I yelled at her to not do it. It stained the dress. Everything turned red and I beat the stuffing out of her. I have never been that mad before or since. She was 16 and at least a good head taller then me. She tried to pick a fight with me in a grocery store later. Didn't even reconize her. Still wouldn't to this day. Still can see the stain on the dress.

Angie sorry to hear that, about the granddaughter. Using the kids against a family member is just plain wrong.
Remember you did what you had to do.
My 10 yo likes to skip out on chores too, so when he does I find the nastiest one and stand over him while he does it.
Chicken houses are great. ;-)

mdmdogs3":c1lup7wd said:
angie":c1lup7wd said:

19 year old here that is sooooo abused because we are shipping chickens at midnight on the 4th of July and that is his "favorite holiday and it is just ruined"! (as if we had any control on when that is scheduled :roll: )
I threatened to call the law on him today!
isn't there a place we can send them until their brains catch up with their mouths????

OMG!!!! Can I join this club...not because I want to be a part of it, but because I need some advice!!!

My son, 20 years old, just lost his job, I cut him off from $$ a long time ago, but he still owes me 3800 for a car that he ended up wrecking and did not have his insurance paid up. Lives for free, until we move then he is out on his own, and I'm at a point where I want to care... but I just don't and refuse to be walked upon anymore. And while he was growing up and through high school, I had very little to complain about when it came to him. No more.... 2 years of this crap.

I guess this is the maddest I've been at someone and it is on-going.... I just have to remind myself that he will pull his head out of his-ass someday.

Michele

mitch2":qmq62bkg said:
mdmdogs3":qmq62bkg said:
angie":qmq62bkg said:

19 year old here that is sooooo abused because we are shipping chickens at midnight on the 4th of July and that is his "favorite holiday and it is just ruined"! (as if we had any control on when that is scheduled :roll: )
I threatened to call the law on him today!
isn't there a place we can send them until their brains catch up with their mouths????

OMG!!!! Can I join this club...not because I want to be a part of it, but because I need some advice!!!

My son, 20 years old, just lost his job, I cut him off from $$ a long time ago, but he still owes me 3800 for a car that he ended up wrecking and did not have his insurance paid up. Lives for free, until we move then he is out on his own, and I'm at a point where I want to care... but I just don't and refuse to be walked upon anymore. And while he was growing up and through high school, I had very little to complain about when it came to him. No more.... 2 years of this crap.

I guess this is the maddest I've been at someone and it is on-going.... I just have to remind myself that he will pull his head out of his-ass someday.

Michele

Been thru this with my stepdaughter, use to live with us, decided she had it so bad here, went back to her Mom in another state when she was 15, NOW she is 22 married with 2 kids under the age of 3, finding out life isn't all its cracked up to be, broke, husband who is not a worker, and having kids at such a young age isn't as much fun as she thought it would be, tied down, rounds of depression. The only thing that has kept me sane is that she lives in another state, and I don't have to see or be around her. She told her Dad a bit ago, that she realize now that she didn't have it too bad here, and wishes she could turn back the clock, but whats done is done, she just has to be an adult now, and suck it up!

Anyways I feel for you all with kid problems, been there done it, was no fun, very stressful time for all concerned.

GMN

Latest posts