How long u been married

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
I met my wife 9/12/65 and married 9/12/66 . We will be married 54 years this year, we live on property that has been passed down since 1880, I have never lived anywhere else, my wife moved from their family farm 15 miles away , and moved here when we married, we had 3 sons born in 71,72 and 73. All live in their homes and have developed their own business, which is headquartered on the property, #1 son built a mechanic shop, #2 son has a construction business,dozers with deep plow, gravel trucks, skid steer with brush mulcher and oil field vacuum truck, #3 son has a mobile tractor mechanic business. My wife retired from Farm Service Agency ,I retired from local rural electric co-op (Bluebonnet Electric Co-Op) . We had 3 grand sons and one granddaughter raised on the property. We have one married grandson & wife who has our only granddaughter who live on the place. We have had a good life with the normal challenges a family goes through. My wife has always been my rock and I have wondered where my life would be if she had not been there to guild me through life. This is the first year she has not done our taxes ( and I feel lost) for she has come down with dementia. I now know what it means (to be with someone and yet be alone.) When I started this post it was , just to be how long have you been married, but the words kept flowing, cherish every moment you have with your loved ones for you will never have such a moment again. I will take care of her till the end as she has taken care of me. Oct 23 I had quadruple by pass and my only thought was to come through so I could take care of her. The operation was a success and I feel better than 10 years ago, the big plan is to care for her till the end for she is an Angle and the love of my life. :cboy:

We have been together since Oct 2004, married June 2005. After one of my surgeries the poor nurse had to deal with me begging to tell my wife I was ok. I get it. I'm not enjoying the aging process and watching us get older. I'm especially not enjoying it with my folks.

Great story and life Cowboy...34 years married and it seems like maybe 10.

59 years on June the third. I looked over and told her if I get this virus that is going around and die then I want you to know it has been a good journey with you.

How long?
Which time?
(currently..26 yrs)

Cowboy43...all I can say is God Bless you and yours .
Dementia is a rough row to hoe for sure.

I got a late start on the married thing... will be 8 years later this year.

Glad your recovering from your surgery. Hate to hear about your wife's dementia...seems a lot of families have someone with it. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear about the dementia, a friend of mine went through something similar.

For me next month is 15 years. This was going to be our first year of actually celebrating it and we had a holiday booked with a special dinner. We have four kids who are now old enough to understand special occasions. But with the virus playing havoc it will now be a quiet dinner at home. But as long as it is with my wife and kids i don't need anymore.

Dementia is a tough row to hoe for the family. I have seen Alzheimers for two generations with my grandmother and dad. The hardest part is coming to the reality you can't fix what is broke and the person you knew is not coming back.

Together 27 years, married almost 18. Thank you for sharing, cowboy43. My husband has had numerous health issues over the past 3 years and I understand how your life revolves around taking care of your spouse. I'm lucky, though: heart surgery for him last summer was a huge success.

My parents have been married 67 1/2 years. My mom has some dementia and my father suffered a severe stroke in July that he has had a near miraculous recovery from to nearly where he was before. He is determined to be able to continue to keep her at home and take care of her. It is a sad and trying thing to know that the person she was is gone away inside somewhere. God bless you for your wonderful life. Thank you for sharing it.

Latest posts