LUMPS IN CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

MIKEJOHN

Reaction score
I HAVE A 15 MONTH OLD BULLOCK AND I NOTICED HE HAS LUMP NEAR HIS BACK PASSAGE WHICH IS SLIGHTLY AFFECTING HIS PASING OF WATER HAS ANY BODY HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE OR IS IT SOME KIND OF INFECTION. :cboy:

Could be an abscess or swelling from an injury or it could even be a cancerous growth. Hard to say from across a screen John . What does it feel like ? Also if it is impairing his ability to urinate you will need to do something, can you call an experienced neighbor to help, or better yet a LA vet ? Did he break his penis by any chance ?

i dont know but it sounds like a pretty nasty lump if its near his BACK PASSAGE and affecting HIS urine flow.

hillsdown":26yjz74c said:
Could be an abscess or swelling from an injury or it could even be a cancerous growth. Hard to say from across a screen John . What does it feel like ? Also if it is impairing his ability to urinate you will need to do something, can you call an experienced neighbor to help, or better yet a LA vet ? Did he break his penis by any chance ?
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP,YES I UNDERSTAND IT HARD TO SAY WHAT IT IS .YES HAVE ASKED THE VET BUT HE SEEMS BAFFLED BY IT. WELL NO I DONT THINK HE BROKE HIS PENIS AT LEAST THE VET DID,NT SAY SO ANYWAY

MIKEJOHN":2pook4yi said:
I HAVE A 15 MONTH OLD BULLOCK AND I NOTICED HE HAS LUMP NEAR HIS BACK PASSAGE WHICH IS SLIGHTLY AFFECTING HIS PASING OF WATER HAS ANY BODY HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE OR IS IT SOME KIND OF INFECTION. :cboy:
Confused a bit here....."bulls" don't usually urinate out the "back passage".

TexasBred":3ns97gom said:
MIKEJOHN":3ns97gom said:
Confused a bit here....."bulls" don't usually urinate out the "back passage".
SORRY TO CONFUSE YOU WHEN I SAID ABOUT THE LUMP NEAR HIS BACK PASSAGE I MEANT IT MUST HAVE SOME EFFECT ON HIS ABAILTY TO PASS WATER IN THE NORMAL WAY , THE LUMP MUST BE PRESSING ON HIS URINE PASSAGE LEADIND TO HIS PENIS ,OK

Could this be the thread where the "snake bite" theory belongs?
It's that time of year, ya know.
SL

Sir Loin":1nbrize1 said:
SL

Maybe SL, hard to tell when they don't put their location down . If he is posting form your neck of the woods definitely and option, if from mine not very likely unless someones pet snake escaped . :lol:

hillsdown":scnlqnbr said:
Sir Loin":scnlqnbr said:
SL

Maybe SL, hard to tell when they don't put their location down . If he is posting form your neck of the woods definitely and option, if from mine not very likely unless someones pet snake escaped . :lol:
I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I DONT THINK WHEN REGESTERING THEY ASKED WHERE I WAS FROM BUT JUST IN CASE I,M FROM IRELAND THE HOME OF GOOD FOOD. :welcome:

Beefy":1k8fiesi said:
i dont know but it sounds like a pretty nasty lump if its near his BACK PASSAGE and affecting HIS urine flow.

my thoughts exactly.....

MIKEJOHN":1pv0ts3l said:
hillsdown":1pv0ts3l said:
Sir Loin":1pv0ts3l said:
SL

I MIGHT BE WRONG BUT I DONT THINK WHEN REGESTERING THEY ASKED WHERE I WAS FROM BUT JUST IN CASE I,M FROM IRELAND THE HOME OF GOOD FOOD. :welcome:
Guess that eliminates snakes. ;-)

MIKEJOHN

It really does help to know where someone is from.
Click on "user control panel" (top blue ribbon on left )
Then click on "profile"
Enter location and click on "submit".

At this time of year in my area it still gets up to the low 80s in day time and night time lows are in the low 40s.
This causes snakes to seek out a warm rock to curl up to in the night. If they cant find a warm rock they will curl up to a warm cow. And if the cows moves and rolls over on them the snake bits.
SL

PS Good to see another taters man on here. :welcome:

Sir Loin":1ek1nptk said:
MIKEJOHN
SORRY ABOUT THAT LADS JUST DID,NT NOTICE THE LOCATION PART WHEN REGISTERING I,V DONE IT NOW OK AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP,IF YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING ABOUT THE LUMP LET ME KNOW ,HAPPY FARMING

It really does help to know where someone is from.
Click on "user control panel" (top blue ribbon on left )
Then click on "profile"
Enter location and click on "submit".

At this time of year in my area it still gets up to the low 80s in day time and night time lows are in the low 40s.
This causes snakes to seek out a warm rock to curl up to in the night. If they cant find a warm rock they will curl up to a warm cow. And if the cows moves and rolls over on them the snake bits.
SL

PS Good to see another taters man on here. :welcome:

Latest posts