Looking to sell antique farm equipment

Help Support CattleToday:

Rangenerd

Reaction score
My grandmother has been placed in a long term care facility and my family is looking to sell their almost 100 year old ranch and all belongings. All farm equipment, ranching supplies, grain mill materials, etc., have all been in barns or the old grain mill and there is no weathering on any items. There are old farm implements, old cattle ranching supplies, all the tools, scales, etc. for a grain mill, and so on. My family is wanting to sell the items for a good price. Does anyone know of any antique farm brokers, dealers, sellers, that would possibly be interested in purchasing some/all of these items, or even know where to send us to sell them? The ranch is immaculate and has been very well cared for all these years, and as a result, so are all the items in it. Any ideas and help would be very much appreciated. We are located in NE California - close to Oregon and Nevada.

You might try contacting an auction company. They will do appraisals and will advertise the items in the right places. Of course, they get a cut, but it might be worth it if it draws more people to a sale. The more potential buyers, the better the prices.

Ditto what vanc said. The antique stuff at the farm auctions I go to are stupid crazy high. For example I saw a chipped syrup kettle go for 1000. Bucks last month

Shame to sell 100 yr ranch, we have been struggling to start our own operation for years in cali, starting the blessing of being able to buy 10 acres family ground. We still haven't gained much in ten years.. Btw Ritchie brothers would be good place to start if they can't do it they may refer you out to a regionally local company who may.

Latest posts