Looking for smoker tips Pics (Now w/Bling)

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":qerqb390 said:
My goal is to build a tiny unit that works perfectly. Maybe just big enough for one brisket. I don't want to add wood constantly, be forced to use charcoal or have to damper continually etc. I don't think a tiny one can be built that you can visit every few hours.

BHB, I will look around and see if I can find the link to a vertical made from a 55 drum. Folks with big cookers are raving about putting 10 pounds of charcoal in them and getting 6-8 hour burns with consistent temps. I plan to do a small one also and it may very be one of these. If I can find the link again I will post it.

Ok, here is the Wild Boar Smoker with all its bling on.

wildpig1.jpg

wildpig2.jpg

I like that a lot! Got a question. Do you have any little hooks on the tray so you can hang your utensils on it? I got a homemade one with a shelf and I sure wish I had put some hooks on it so I can keep the utensils out of my way and keep the counter top free of clutter. I've been thinking of recessing the hooks somehow so they don't stick out and snag me. Just wondering if you've done this or have any thoughts on a good way to do this.

Jogeephus":3c6scgnv said:
I like that a lot! Got a question. Do you have any little hooks on the tray so you can hang your utensils on it? I got a homemade one with a shelf and I sure wish I had put some hooks on it so I can keep the utensils out of my way and keep the counter top free of clutter. I've been thinking of recessing the hooks somehow so they don't stick out and snag me. Just wondering if you've done this or have any thoughts on a good way to do this.

Yeah, I can hang them on the tusks. :lol2: Actually I have several places I can hang stuff but I usually only have a big spatula, a long pair of tongs, and some gloves.

As far as your hangers go can you put them under the shelf? That way you won't get hooked on them. I painted all my hot handles red to remind me which ones get really hot. :cry2:

Latest posts