Looking for opinions about vehicles

Help Support CattleToday:

We just traded my wife's Suburban in on a Subaru Outback. The cost of ownership for the Suburban was really close to $1,200/month over 4 years. The cost of ownership for the Subaru (if depreciation rates stay close to what they are today) should be around $500/month. Those figures are bumper to bumper expenses with resale value deducted, and do not take into account any interest, should you be paying it. I'm pretty confident that this little car (the first car I've ever owned) would go anywhere that a ton truck would go. IF my wife would go on vacation and leave the keys here, I'll be sure to test that theory.

Farm Fence Solutions":2cn624oh said:
We just traded my wife's Suburban in on a Subaru Outback. The cost of ownership for the Suburban was really close to $1,200/month over 4 years. The cost of ownership for the Subaru (if depreciation rates stay close to what they are today) should be around $500/month. Those figures are bumper to bumper expenses with resale value deducted, and do not take into account any interest, should you be paying it. I'm pretty confident that this little car (the first car I've ever owned) would go anywhere that a ton truck would go. IF my wife would go on vacation and leave the keys here, I'll be sure to test that theory.

That's different. Yall saved money by downsizing. Not running 2 vehicles.

How many miles per month is that on average?

Brute 23":f1micjfr said:
Farm Fence Solutions":f1micjfr said:

She averages 2,200 miles/month on the grocery getter. She also has a ton truck for farm/fence/delivery work.

Farm Fence Solutions":1850huiy said:
Brute 23":1850huiy said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1850huiy said:

She averages 2,200 miles/month on the grocery getter. She also has a ton truck for farm/fence/delivery work.

$500 is pretty low. I can see the $1200 on 2200 miles because that is right around that .50$ mark but $500 is a hair over .20$ per mile. $3 gas at 20mpg is .15$ already.

Brute 23":oo1tl3by said:
Farm Fence Solutions":oo1tl3by said:
Brute 23":oo1tl3by said:

$500 is pretty low. I can see the $1200 on 2200 miles because that is right around that .50$ mark but $500 is a hair over .20$ per mile. $3 gas at 20mpg is .15$ already.

We burn $2 gas and it gets 33 mpg. :cowboy: I looked back on my notes, and it worked out to $591/month.

It would really stink to not be able to afford to drive a truck. I look at men in a car and think you poor........ I think I'd rather drive a Ford truck than a car.

The wcm apparently did not fix my truck because it's sitting at work holding my key hostage right now. It thinks it is in reverse but it is not. It shows reverse on the dash. I can not shift. The is no noise when the key is turned. It will not release my key. Any ideas here?

I forgot what they call it but there is some thing in the steering column that will act up and it messes with all kinds of stuff. Im guessing maybe since a lot of that stuff looks there to see what the key is doing to know when to come on and what to do. I have had it changed in some of my other trucks and it was fairly cheap.

Latest posts