Look what I got !

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb":2qz2ajb4 said:
When I look at those old lamps I see a long dinner table with guests lining the sides, dressed up in robes drinking copious amounts of wine or beer out of goblets and chewing at a 'leg of something' in the dim lamp light :mrgreen: You now need to host a medieval dinner HD :lol:
Yes, "joint of the day" as they say in dimly lit Irish pubs.

They're lovely to look at and even more so because of their family history.
Don't wait for the power to fail, just have a nice quiet dinner by lamplight!
Use them, cherish them and then pass them on to the next generation to cherish and enjoy...

Those are pretty awesome HD. :D :D :D
We have a similar one to the big ones, but the glass on the bottom is green. Only seen one of those before. It was at an action and I tried to get it, but it went for over $200.
The kids were goofing off and knocked over and broke the chimney. Found 2 on e-bay that were very close to the original and got them.

Those are very nice! Dad gave me one that I think it was his mother's, but I'm not sure if the history stopped there. It's pink and he always called it the Aladdin Lamp.

:drink: OH MAN! Just look I thought you had moonshine! :lol: :lol: :cry2:

Not shine, but they are really nice! :D

CKC1586":2n2nfqvf said:
Love them lamps! Also love that china cabinet full of pretties!!! I am a dish nut....

CKC when I had the kids a few weeks ago my sister gave me half of her set of bone china that was my grandmas. It was a set of 16 so we each got a full set of 8 ,serving bowl and platter. It is at least 50 years old and in mint condition . Grandma (my dad's mom) died back in 1981 ,and I remember that beautiful china was brought out each year for the adult table at every holiday dinner we had there. I can't wait to use it for Thanksgiving this year.

I am a crystal junkie ,collect any heavy crystal in the pin wheel design. :D

Those reflectors on Ebay are going to cost me 48$'s to have them sent here from the US by mail, I pulled my bid . I will keep looking for something in Canada, maybe I might get lucky .

hillsdown":pdf845k9 said:
CKC1586":pdf845k9 said:
Love them lamps! Also love that china cabinet full of pretties!!! I am a dish nut....

CKC when I had the kids a few weeks ago my sister gave me half of her set of bone china that was my grandmas. It was a set of 16 so we each got a full set of 8 ,serving bowl and platter. It is at least 50 years old and in mint condition . Grandma (my dad's mom) died back in 1981 ,and I remember that beautiful china was brought out each year for the adult table at every holiday dinner we had there. I can't wait to use it for Thanksgiving this year.

I am a crystal junkie ,collect any heavy crystal in the pin wheel design. :D

Those reflectors on Ebay are going to cost me 48$'s to have them sent here from the US by mail, I pulled my bid . I will keep looking for something in Canada, maybe I might get lucky .
HD found these sites that might interest you....http://www.oillampman.com/start.html
http://acrosstheboardwoodwork.com/Lamp_Parts.htm

Latest posts