Look what I got !

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Mom and Dad came over on the weekend to pick apples and dad brought these for me . The two big ones are from Great grand dads first home in Canada when he was a merchant in Saskafter moving here from Russia, and the 2 little ones were used in my dad and grandmas first house . So they are pretty old :lol:

319064_2262754845075_1134577259_2732294_1440401242_n.jpg

312641_2262756005104_1134577259_2732298_665764797_n.jpg

317852_2262756925127_1134577259_2732300_940771770_n.jpg

I need to find a reflector for the one wall mount lamp, does anyone know where I could look for one or even two ,so they will match ?

Thank you :tiphat:

Nice heirlooms! I have a similar oil lamp handed down to me. I don't know about the reflectors, might try ebay.

I've got the twin to your smaller one with the reflector, and an older one that I don't have a clue about
scaled.php

That reflector is definitely a twin Hook . If the lamps didn't have so much history with the family I would send you it. That is the reason I got them ,dad knew they wouldn't end up in a garage sale or garbage . He has a couple of antique barn lanterns he wants me to have to, his mom carried them out to the barn went she went out to milk the cows . That other lamp looks really old, does it say where they are made ? 2 of mine were made in Canada and one in the US .

Thanks Ga, I went on Ebay and have a bid in on a vintage set, only thing is I will have to buy the whole lamps to get the reflectors . :lol: Oh well I can always put the lamps on without the reflectors and resell them.

TT I am a house junkie, love looking at pics of other peoples home ,kinda gives you an insight into who they are and their personality. We have been here 8 years and when we saw the pic of the home in the sale catalog we knew it was the one. Funny how somethings just fit. I will try to post a few pics . One good thing about posting the lamp pics was it made me realize that I hadn't dusted the top of my china cupboard for a while . :help:

Are you looking forward to power outages now? :D

I've picked up several of those through the years. Lots of Coleman lanterns too if they are priced right at the garbage sales.

Between the oil lamps and coleman lanterns, I can light up the pastures, kitchen tents, outhouse, and everything else during camp outs.

Boogie, that is exactly what my husband said. I can't wait for the power to go out so I can use those . I told him that is why we have flashlights . ;-)

If we could do log homes down here I'd tear this one down and build one in a heartbeat. But the termites would eat em up. I'm jealous

love those old oil lamps,i know your glad your dad brought them to you.they look like their in mint con as well.

ga.prime":2j8jhmcz said:
john250":2j8jhmcz said:
Anything your grandparents owned and used is a treasure.
Exactly. It's the history behind them that make them heirlooms.

Agree and they are extra special to me as my dad looked after them all these years and now I have them . :heart: They may be another persons trash , but knowing that they have been cared for all of these years and passed down means alot to me . Besides I like old things, there is always a story behind them ,anyone can buy new crap . How many can have a home filled with loved passed down for generations . ;-)

When I look at those old lamps I see a long dinner table with guests lining the sides, dressed up in robes drinking copious amounts of wine or beer out of goblets and chewing at a 'leg of something' in the dim lamp light :mrgreen: You now need to host a medieval dinner HD :lol:

Latest posts