Look Bred?

Help Support CattleToday:

cmf1

Reaction score
I was out walking in the cows earlier and took some pics.
This is Momma, Her 2 year old heifer (late bred) and this years heifer.
The two year old we bred five times and I think she finally settled. Haven't seen any signs. So she should be about 7-71/2 months bred. Does she look it?
Took some calf pics and lazy pics too.

[url=http://s738.photobucket.com/user/cmf1/media/3242014006.jpg.html]

In my opinion, she looks bred. Her belly is hanging a little low on the right side.

On another note, those are nice calves. We have a bull calf who has basically an identical face to the calf that is to the right of the Greyman calf. The Greyman calf sure stands out with that big dewlap.

I don't see any sign that she's started bagging up. Maybe she is and I just can't see it in the picture? And if it took five tries already I'd be concerned. As Bez said, get someone to stick an arm in to see.

Plan on working them this weekend and I'll palpate and know for sure.
I just took the pics because I was there and guessing.
I really like the heifer and am concerned.
Going to an injectable mineral this year to try and cover that base. Then I'll have more confidence that it's them and not me.

The Greyman heifer has gotten to be plum rotten for a back scratch.
The bull calf To the right is the Maneroo Gladiator calf. He looks very bully for now and is going to be interesting to watch develop.

Thanks for the comments.

I tried to judge a cow to see if she was pregnant could have sworn up and down she was but turns out she wasnt. Those are some nice looking cattle. What is that green stuff growing from the ground underneath the cattle? Is that grass WOW i sure haven't seen green grass in a real long time.

Yeah, I know it's impossible to know for sure just looking, but I can't help myself.
I'll know for sure shortly.
The green is welcome as it's been a tough winter all around.
The yellow, not so much.

Latest posts