Longhorn or corriente calves

Help Support CattleToday:

I've seen longhorns justified as the right cow. I've seen brahmas justified as the right cow... Ear on a longhorn is a new one for me. :clap:

Jogeephus":1q0w0s52 said:
Their pretty aren't they?
Yes, I do think they're pretty but kind of in the same sense that an antelope is pretty but not worth much beyond that. Just out of curiosity, I wonder what the dispositions are like on the F1's. if that roan calf in the middle was gentle I'd have a hard time keeping my hand down t the sale just to see what would happen. :lol:

I like that one too. From what little I've been around them they don't seem that bad but I'm sure they could be. It takes all types. The fella that owns them makes quite a lick off them cause he's got a unique market. This is just one of his herds and he is no dummy and is the only person I know of that can buy a horse for $50 and turn around and sell a $6000 mule foal six months later to Dotgov.

Jogeephus":1tfcu3g4 said:
Idun.jpg

I can't tell if he is eating, or just taking a break. If you put some training wheels on those things, he might be able to concentrate on putting some weight on.

I hope he has front wheel steering, otherwise I don't know if the back end will have enough contact.

He is funny to watch. He just grazes in tight circles with one horn on the ground. He's got it made too cause he will never make it to the slaughter house .... cause he can't catch a ride. :lol2:

He might do like a buffalo we tried to haul. He customised the trailer himself. Stuck a horn through the side and opened it up like a can opener.

Jogeephus":3cuqjx6m said:
I am now that I found these. I'm sure I can buy these 3'fers for less than $4500 a pair. Just had a big rodeo event here so demand should by high for some time.

543.jpg

Am thinking of adding a little mass to them so I thought I might pick up this bull and start some line breeding.

Idun.jpg

Kenny, I'll pass if you are interested. Just let me know. Just bring your trailer and I'll modify it in trade for the metal I cut off.
Going to have to start calling you the Fred Sanford of Cattle.

KT, did you try that combing thing to see if that buff liked you before loading? :D Have never seen anything that could go in so many directions all at the same time, or as quick, as a buffalo, when they think they're trapped! Still have some in the pasture with the Limmi's for that light grazing, native, non polluting, non ozone depleting benefit. ;-) Whew, hard to type that bs. Cheers

Taurus":1o52aaab said:
I'm so tempted to buying some dehorned black/red Corriente cows....$400 per cow.

Someone will be glad to take your money and bless your farm with these things.

TexasBred":20zh2ast said:
Taurus":20zh2ast said:
I'm so tempted to buying some dehorned black/red Corriente cows....$400 per cow.

Someone will be glad to take your money and bless your farm with these things.
Of course it's their square heads that stopping me from buying them...almost like Frankenstein.

Jogeephus said:
I am now that I found these. I'm sure I can buy these 3'fers for less than $4500 a pair. Just had a big rodeo event here so demand should by high for some time.

543.jpg

Am thinking of adding a little mass to them so I thought I might pick up this bull and start some line breeding.

Idun.jpg

Kenny, I'll pass if you are interested. Just let me know. Just bring your trailer and I'll modify it in trade for the metal I cut off.

Those look like piney wood cows.

Yall be missing the boat...remember..."Anything for a buck!"
Go with Ankole Watusi...I keep hearing there is more $$ in hunting lease than in cattle, but you can evidently have the best of both worlds with the Watusi. Never realized that shooting Watusi cows is 'a thing' for some people.

Watusi Cattle Hunting All-Inclusive rates:

Weekday Hunting Package $1,000
Weekend Hunting Package $1,250
Additional Non-Hunting Guests $200/night
https://www.oxhuntingranch.com/texas/watusi-cattle-hunting/
http://southernohiohuntingpreserve.com/WatusiCattle.html
watusi1.jpg

Or, do like the Canadians and offer Longhorn hunts...
Longhorn Bulls
For the collector that has shot about everything! Some guys want the mighty Longhorn to hang in their trophy room or have one for display. Although harvesting a longhorn is not much of a hunt, it is more of collection because of the nature of the animal.

We have a few trophy quality bulls for our guests each fall, and the meat quality is second to none, as all our Longhorns are naturaly raised on pasture and free of all hormones and antibiotics.
http://www.silvertineexotichunts.com/longhorn-bulls.html

I'm not against hunting at all, but this all seems kinda odd to me.
Can you imagine the skill and stealth needed to sneak up close enough to a cow to get a shot?
Yeah, me neither.. a few range cubes in a 5 gal bucket...

Latest posts