Long Way from 2011

Help Support CattleToday:

I got about 3 acres fertilized today between the time the dew dried off and the bottom dropped out again. Might get some more done tomorrow after church f I get right on it.
Seems so strange to see it rain every day and the river not come up.

Two weeks ago I put out my first rolls of hay because what grass was left was getting old, tough and no nutrition... For the last week, cows have not been able to keep up with the grass.

Same here TB, except I did not have to feed any hay even during bone dry last 2 weeks of June, all of July or 1st week of August. We got our daily dose of rain about 8am today--might get more around 2pm. Supposed to be less chances next week tho.

greybeard":2zwt9chk said:
Same here TB, except I did not have to feed any hay even during bone dry last 2 weeks of June, all of July or 1st week of August. We got our daily dose of rain about 8am today--might get more around 2pm. Supposed to be less chances next week tho.

Never even thought about here during that dry spell everyone was having we got 7 or 8 inches scattered out through it.

TexasBred":1fbnj6bj said:
Two weeks ago I put out my first rolls of hay because what grass was left was getting old, tough and no nutrition... For the last week, cows have not been able to keep up with the grass.
It had crossed my mind last week to put out some range meal. I've got plenty of grass but it was old and drying up. We've been getting about 8/10ths a day for the last 8 or 9 days. Getting nice and green again......soggy too.

100 degrees with plenty of wind will get it right back to struggling in a hurry. There is a lot of plowing going on now that the ground is moist. Really hoping these folks keep their dirt.

backhoeboogie":2pa6ui3g said:
100 degrees with plenty of wind will get it right back to struggling in a hurry. There is a lot of plowing going on now that the ground is moist. Really hoping these folks keep their dirt.

Boogie must be global cooling cause I can't remember when I had to use fwd to get through the pasture in August .
Hummingbirds are starting to swarm here as well that usually doesn't happen until the third week of September
Came in to get dry boots and socks from sloshing through mud and water this morning.

CB should we be concerned about this Global Cooling thing? There's no imminent ice age coming or anything?

backhoeboogie":2nl6mh59 said:
CB should we be concerned about this Global Cooling thing? There's no imminent ice age coming or anything?

I leaving myself open on this one in my lifetime they have predicted us going into another ice age to we are going to melt.

Got sunshine and a cool wind here today. 10 days forecast supposed to be more of the same. Highs in lower 90's

Latest posts