long lost family

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
Have you ever had some long lost family member track you down? This week we did, a cousin from about 30 years ago, that no one ever knew what happened to him and his siblings. I found it interesting, and he was so grateful that we all wanted to get to know him, it was kind of amazing.

GMN

GMN":3sm871sk said:
Have you ever had some long lost family member track you down? This week we did, a cousin from about 30 years ago, that no one ever knew what happened to him and his siblings. I found it interesting, and he was so grateful that we all wanted to get to know him, it was kind of amazing.

GMN

Not family but a very close HS friend contacted me about two weeks ago. Hadn't seen or heard anything about him since we graduated from high school AGES ago. He went to West Point and I went to Aggieland. Never knew what happened to him.

That would be neat. Never had that happen but have had people call me out of the blue looking for the grave site of their ancestors and they are pleased when I tell them that I know where the grave is and agree to take them to see it. They are really happy when they see I do a pretty decent job taking care of the graveyard(s) even though they are of no relation to me.

went to see my dad for the first time since i was a babe .. i was 23 years old .. he and my mother divorced when i was a year old .. found out i had a half brother and sister i resented him for it for alot of years but getting older you see things different and as i did grow older i realized the majority of the problem was my mother... but as far as my life goes without him.. i was lucky to have a Godly grandmother to raise me plus in ALABAMA ,,sorry TN but i see you got along without me :cowboy:

weve had family come see us that we havent thought of or seen in 30yrs.but its been a long time since weve had any long lost family call.

We came over to the States a few years back to meet my Husbands half Brother for the first and last time, we had a nice holiday in Florida with him and his wife and when we got back to Louisianna with him after two days he droped us like a stone for some reason and they have not spoken since. Although his cousin (not blood to us) who found us first through a magazine article that was sent by me, keeps in touch, as does his family members. We were warned that he may go this way. To me it seems strange behaviour. To talk all week about wanting to come over to England to see us and our extended family, and to see where their Dad was stationed through the War, and then act like that., it takes all sorts I suppose.

ps....through Ancestry.com I have found cousins of mine all over the World and keep in constant contact through e-mail. I have met two of them and we still keep in touch but we live to far away from each other to see that often.

My oldest grandaughter was put up for adoption at birth. (long story) I tried to find her for years and finally about 4 years ago located her. We've corresponded occasioanlly since then. She'll be 31 on the 20th of this month.
2 weeks ago I found the name of a friend of mine that I had been stationed with in 1968 in vietnam. I sent an email to the address not expecting it to be active. I got a reply back form him and found out that he and another guy I was stationed with at the same time had been trying to locate me. Now we correspond regulary.

chrisy":282vywyt said:
We came over to the States a few years back to meet my Husbands half Brother for the first and last time, we had a nice holiday in Florida with him and his wife and when we got back to Louisianna with him after two days he droped us like a stone for some reason and they have not spoken since. Although his cousin (not blood to us) who found us first through a magazine article that was sent by me, keeps in touch, as does his family members. We were warned that he may go this way. To me it seems strange behaviour. To talk all week about wanting to come over to England to see us and our extended family, and to see where their Dad was stationed through the War, and then act like that., it takes all sorts I suppose.

We located my husbands biological father about 10 years back. My husband was 26 at the time and supposedly the father didn't know my husband was his...who knows. Anyway he paid to fly us out to meet him, his wife, their daughter and son spent a week with them and kept in contact for about 6 months and then out of the blue calls and says he didn't want anything to do with us and to never contact him or any of this family again. Jump forward about 6 years and I found his daughter on facebook and we do have some contact with her, but we never have found out what happened or why he no longer wanted contact with us. We are several 1000 miles from them so it was unlikely any contact other than phone calls, cards and such would have transpired so I don't know...but it is crazy

Katie":3dsqwi6e said:
chrisy":3dsqwi6e said:

We located my husbands biological father about 10 years back. My husband was 26 at the time and supposedly the father didn't know my husband was his...who knows. Anyway he paid to fly us out to meet him, his wife, their daughter and son spent a week with them and kept in contact for about 6 months and then out of the blue calls and says he didn't want anything to do with us and to never contact him or any of this family again. Jump forward about 6 years and I found his daughter on facebook and we do have some contact with her, but we never have found out what happened or why he no longer wanted contact with us. We are several 1000 miles from them so it was unlikely any contact other than phone calls, cards and such would have transpired so I don't know...but it is crazy

Katie the first, and almost always correct guess, should be money. I am thinking his wife told him that she wasn't about to see anything of theirs go to his b@stard son, and for him to drop it before it got any more evolved.

3way, it very well could be..who knows. We probably will not ever find out, but sure would be nice to know. It seems like a crazy reason to me considering my husband is grown and his dad (who raised him) adopted him so child support or back support wasn't an issue and you can will your things to whoever you want to. The sister did tell us that their was alot of problems with the half brother (who was a teenager at the time)after he found out his father had a b@stard son so that could have been the reason. She also told us she had told her mom she was in contact with us and said she was very supportive and happy about it, but did not have the courage to tell her father. I am sure their is alot we are not told.

Latest posts