Loader plumbing on a 4020

Help Support CattleToday:

LaneFarms

Reaction score
I use a powershift 4020 that has a farmhand loader on it that works off of 2 valves plumbed through one set of rear remotes. Is there anywhere to get constant flow to the valves without using the rear remotes? It has developed sometime of restriction and is working very slow lately, so I thought the fewer hoses and connections the better ir would be.

I put a tee in the Hydraulic line by the brake pedals to feed my loader valves, then return it to the hydraulic filter cover. I had to have a hole drilled in the filter cover,and a pipe fitting welded in. I used stainless steel tubing, but hydraulic hose would work too.
Works well and transmission pump doesn't have to pump it.

Should be a plug you can take out an dumd right in the sump. We did that with sprayer pumps an air planters. You can also get a tip from Deere that does not have a ball in it for the return side so if you keep dumping in the box that will help some. All that is a mute point till you fix what ever caused the slowdown. That will either be a filter, bad hyd tip, hose collapsing, or Hyd pump going out. They will get slower an slower.

jedstivers":35y6xwm0 said:
Should be a plug you can take out an dumd right in the sump. We did that with sprayer pumps an air planters. You can also get a tip from Deere that does not have a ball in it for the return side so if you keep dumping in the box that will help some. All that is a mute point till you fix what ever caused the slowdown. That will either be a filter, bad hyd tip, hose collapsing, or Hyd pump going out. They will get slower an slower.
Funny you should mention the filter and the hose collapsing. My old 460 always had slow hydraulics, changed the fileter and it was a little better but gradually got worse over a couple of years and the filter didin;t help. Finally sold it and the guy that bought it found the problem. Apparantly back before I got it they hadn;t changed the filter or had screwed up the filter overload valve. In the 460 there is a 1 inch in diameter aluminum pipe from the filter to the pump, the aluminum tubing had collapsed. He put in a new tube (big bucks) and the thing was unbelievable how well the hydraulics worked

Latest posts