Loader Pallet Forks

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver":3lyoxjg9 said:
We've got now that we use the pallet forks for bale handling and leave the spears alone. Seems like we break a few spears every winter, pallet forks are pretty tough.

One of the many problems that have to be dealt with in the Arctic......-40 makes for some brittle steel. :nod:

M-5":1p1waie2 said:
Silver":1p1waie2 said:
We've got now that we use the pallet forks for bale handling and leave the spears alone. Seems like we break a few spears every winter, pallet forks are pretty tough.

I'll give you a hundred bucks if you break a spear made like This.

You'd be surprised what you can break when it's -40 and your bales are froze to the ground. If the spear didn't break it would eventually rip right out of the frame. We use 2 spears on ours, and they are made of good stuff, but sh!t happens.

I bought a set of forks last year and had my welder/mechanic weld some adapters for the four pin system.One of the handiest things on the farm.Move bales summer and winter and firewood in winter.Gotten lazy because of them.Pick up cuts of 8 to 16 feet or so and bring them to the OWB area to be sawed and split.Get mineral and feed on pallets.Pick up and set in the barn.Even thought about making a platform with sides on a pallet skid design to move things or stand in to work cutting tree limbs.With safety in mind,of course.

I bought this fork attachment at an auction, took a torch and cut off the brackets were you use pins to attach to a loader before. Then welded a skid steer compatible plate to fit my Kubota M9000 loader. I think total I have around $300 in them. I have used them for round hay, putting 1 ton fertilizer bags in a buggy and loaded some pretty big logs for a neighbor so far.

qeuGTwk.jpg

rkP08zb.jpg

8VJYtkL.jpg

Silver":j2b1z2k4 said:
you'd be surprised what you can break when it's -40 and your bales are froze to the ground. If the spear didn't break it would eventually rip right out of the frame. We use 2 spears on ours, and they are made of good stuff, but be nice happens.

You need to be using heavier duty quality made spears.... since I switched to German made shw spears I've yet to break one. I have a double spear setup and have tried lifting things that pickup the back of an 18k lbs tractor and the spears haven't budged and that's at -30 degrees....

chevytaHOE5674":ep86dzrj said:
Silver":ep86dzrj said:
you'd be surprised what you can break when it's -40 and your bales are froze to the ground. If the spear didn't break it would eventually rip right out of the frame. We use 2 spears on ours, and they are made of good stuff, but be nice happens.

You need to be using heavier duty quality made spears.... since I switched to German made shw spears I've yet to break one. I have a double spear setup and have tried lifting things that pickup the back of an 18k lbs tractor and the spears haven't budged and that's at -30 degrees....

You are mistaken to assume that I'm not.

Latest posts