Livestock Trailer Side Panel Repair/Replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit":1ro6io9t said:
Looks,to pretty to get dirty and crappy.

Heck...it is just new paint on old worn out stuff. Too pretty to get crappy would be a brand new aluminum Elite/4Star/Exiss/etc trailer for $30,000. :lol:

It is STILL a 1993 model. :(

4x4dually":1fyv28tr said:
highgrit":1fyv28tr said:
Looks,to pretty to get dirty and crappy.

Heck...it is just new paint on old worn out stuff. Too pretty to get crappy would be a brand new aluminum Elite/4Star/Exiss/etc trailer for $30,000. :lol:

It is STILL a 1993 model. :(

Looks way better than my '97.

I'm down to getting the wheels blasted/powder coated, screwing the new floor down, and some AL rock guards. Ol' girl sure looks better.

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000009B_zpsed42b3xg.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000009C_zpsmwfve5oy.jpg

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000009D_zps3vym6uar.jpg

trlr is too clost to the bedrails for a stock traile boy...get into a bull hole by accident yer in trouble

looks good....ill give ya 3500 for it..delivered!

dieselbeef":3po82qer said:
trlr is too clost to the bedrails for a stock traile boy...get into a bull hole by accident yer in trouble

looks good....ill give ya 3500 for it..delivered!

I don't like it that close either. I lowered it to get the weight back on the front axles. Hauling heavy bodies, the extra weight on the back axle will blow both back tires and/or wear them faster than the fronts. These old torsion axles aren't adjustable. I wish I could re-clock them but they are welded, not splined arms. I'd even weld in a spacer if it didn't mean cut the entire axle out of the trailer. I've never get them back aligned and it would end up towing like hell. Not a risk I'm willing to take.

$3500? Dude. Even the worn out piles on CL are at $7000. I bet I could sell it tomorrow for $6000. Tell you what, you pack up and come 22 hrs I'll smoke the BBQ, buy the brew, and give you all the free advice you want. :hide:

thanks pal..but i got enough free advice to fill that trlr..but the mrkt has been good to me this week..ok..4000 since i know the wiring is right..

coors right! fire up the smoker i got sunday off this week ill be right over

Got a few candela. Pretty sure no one is going to be riding my arse down the highway at night without burning their retinas out. :)

D80F2A97-9780-457E-8F60-269C49AA1ABF_zpssvuiupkr.jpg

These little LEDs inside are pretty cool too. Finished the floor install Saturday afternoon. I now know why they run these rubber boards side to side now. At 24' long they will WHIP your butt....fast. I wish my joist were set up different but they aren't. 3/8" spacing.

AB7F6D6D-3A21-46B2-B8FE-0FFBC77D8CEA_zpsrunzbwmq.jpg

24 foot. little work ahead of me but for 2 grand i figured i can make it work. not sure if itwill be as cool as jorys but im gonna load it up with lights and some nice new silver paint after i fix all the issues.

I have all the faith in the world in ya. Anyone who can tig together a aluminum flat bed for a pickup can weld steel on a trailer. ;)

I got right at $2900 in this one now without having the wheels done yet. Little more than I wanted but it is still better than the used crap on the market.

thanks..time consuming is all...hopefully wont have too much in it. dumb labor is cheap. i got lots of it.
blasting and painting when i get done will be the worst of it.

highgrit":xvu25zgy said:
Myself I'd just weld some 1x3x 3/16 flat bar right on top of the angle iron on 1' centers. The most important part is keeping your trailer clean and sprayed down with oil.

I tried to help, but you still have a really nice trailer there. And it's way easier to keep clean when there's a space between every board running front to back.

Latest posts