Livestock Trailer Side Panel Repair/Replacement

Help Support CattleToday:

I set behind a computer all day everyday doing CAD here at work whether it be 2D in AutoCAD or 3D in Solidworks. I just fill in my spare time and lunch hours with extra-curricular.

hey jory ya need to grind the rust off before ya weld over it...

could you not get a place that makes sheetmetal roof to cut you a piece and roll the bend into it just like the original. maybe 16''wide. then trim the bad part of the original skin off up from the rust whatever the width of your new piece is and just set it and overlap the top edge an inch or so to weld it?
youve got alot to do doing it your way. and the existing rust is just going to crawl up the wall no matter caulked or not and come out from under your repair.

in the first set of pics is the darker peice on the btm that runs around the inside another sheet? inside the outer piece thats white? or just paint?

id trim it all off and replace one sheet from the top of the fenders dn with some 1/8 sheared 4x8 sheets...never look at it again

bring it over man well knock it out in a weekend

dieselbeef":2bi0fyn5 said:
in the first set of pics is the darker peice on the btm that runs around the inside another sheet? inside the outer piece thats white? or just paint?

id trim it all off and replace one sheet from the top of the fenders dn with some 1/8 sheared 4x8 sheets...never look at it again

bring it over man well knock it out in a weekend

It would take me an entire weekend just to drive down to Myakka.......why don't you just fly over here? ;)

well i got my own tools here..and it aint muddy..and im used to using my own stuff...oh yeah..i already got coors in the fridge

Too much? :pop:

Wiring%20Scheme_zps1m4rj811.jpg

M-5":1uwtdo14 said:
whats wrong with using 2 extention cords zip tied together and stapled to the bottom of the trailer boards

Um...negative. That is why the brakes are ripped loose now.

I'm just going to run a 3/4" EMT down the top center of the trailer and put a box everywhere something needs to splice out. Then I'll just attach my dome lights to the covers on a few of the boxes. It will all be nice and neat, covered, and protected as well as just pop off the cover and make changes or add stuff at any time.

Dome lights are switched from both doors and the reverse lights can be turned on manually from the back as well to help load at night.

Darryl I put some heavy duty 7 wire I bought at Napa. It's made for tractor trailers. I redid my trailer deck with PT wood and cattle panels. Ole 4x4 is on a different program than us. I like cheap, quick and heavy duty. He's going to have a really nice rig when he gets finished.

I will just watch from the cheap seats from now on then. I don't think I 200 bucks in lights on 3 trailers , boat and tractor.

extention cord ran down both side with a fence staple every 2 ft , that's engineering!!!!!

Wash those trailers out every time after you haul and when it dries out take a pump up sprayer and soak it with diesel.
You can stop that rusting out.
Pain in the butt not as big a pain as rebuilding one.

It boils down to being sick to death of having lights not work every time I hook to a trailer. I switched to the 7 round pin tractor trailer plug and cured most of it. Those 7-way flat blade RV plugs need to be obsoleted like slotted screws.

Found a guy in OK that will blast and paint the trailer inside and out with oil based enamel for $1800. :banana:

Kinda hard to get it done with mom in the hospital in OKC, but I'm working on it when I can. Between 2 hour commutes to see her, work, tee-ball games, calves, and life.....I am one tired SOB. 10 babies on the ground...6 to go. I've got to figure out an easier way to ear tag in open pasture. I dang near got whooped the other day. :lol2:

Latest posts