livestock richie waterers

Help Support CattleToday:

cowperson

Reaction score
what's the average cost of preparing the ground grading, geotextile fabric, crusher run, concrete pad for watering tank in east Tn. This is not a do yourself job for me. Thanks,

what's the average cost of preparing the ground grading, geotextile fabric, crusher run, concrete pad for watering tank in east Tn. This is not a do yourself job for me. Thanks,
Or you can get an old bathtub somewhere and cheap it out.

The last concrete I had poured cost me $3K and I leveled, built forms, and poured the gravel myself.

I beat this horse to death on here. Concrete wash(debris). Local is 7.50 a ton with a $45 delivery fee. Don't use it to fill a muck hole, but start with solid dirt and put 4-6" down and wheel roll it. If you can get a little rain on it or spray it down it sets up pretty hard, will take the foot traffic.

How big a pad are you talking? A 6x6 with a drinker in the middle a cow won't be able to get all the way up there.
A 10x10x5" is 41 sqft. My concrete guy charges $5.75/sqft = $239.58 for the concrete. That would include prep but not fill. A Richie fountain is right around $1,000 the last time I checked.
Plumbing, electrical, trenching. I'd guess $2,000-$2,500 to do it right depending on how far away it is from your current water and electrical.