Little Bull Calf

Help Support CattleToday:

Kingfisher":33e7rdgi said:
I don't see all you see in him. Looks like two different bulls coupled up. He also looks hungry.

You don't have to like it. But I think he has some great muscle expression for his age. Seeing his mother in another post, he has a good chance to be very special.

Seems most calves will deepen later in their growth cycle. I assume that is what you mean by lack of groceries- lack of depth/belly. Plus he is a continental and should have characteristics of such.
I like him a lot now for his age. I expect when he matures, that I will probably like him even more.

Very little not to like, maybe a touch weak in scrotal. Hard to tell from pics. Already expressing more crest than seen on a lot of bulls 4 times his age.

We get some more pictures when he is a little older Houston. I think the older he gets the better you will like him. Top of his pedigree is HBL. Bottom is Kurgerand x Baccarat. Baccarat was out of Harvest O and the 11D cow.

Aussie he is not polled. Does not have one drop of polled blood in him. Horns on calves out of this cow show up late. His sire is a CIM bull named Improver.

I see so many chopped off butts on bulls nowadays this one is a welcome sight. That's going to be (and should produce) some solid beef offspring.

Red Bull Breeder":wqjn7hry said:
We get some more pictures when he is a little older Houston. I think the older he gets the better you will like him. Top of his pedigree is HBL. Bottom is Kurgerand x Baccarat. Baccarat was out of Harvest O and the 11D cow.

Hope so, but you got a lot of squirell nut bloodlines going there. Kruggerand 250X was a bit weak in the nutt department and the 11D cow was very poor in the scrotal area. That really was her only fault. Baccarat got his pappy's nutts , but many of his offspring took after his dam's bloodlines. One of the big reason's Baccarat never caught on with breeders. His scrotal accuracies were weak. Orion a very comparable bull had much better scrotal numbers and he caught on with breeders. Remember, some of those old bulls had great muscle but nutts like a hamster. I know you like the old bulls, but I think their are outcross fullblood bloodlines out there that would be a good fit.

Houston I like the Baccarat bull better than the Orion bull. But I like the Southern Cross bull. I will take a Baccarat cow over a Orion cow most any time. Both bulls came on line about the time the epd thing took off. The folks the raised the Orion bull understood the numbers game better. All of Baccarats numbers were earned. He is still a trait leader in in weaning weights and yearling weights. One off the few bulls that could do it all. I got a picture of the Baccarat bull around here somewhere if I can find it I will post it. I can tell you right now that this calf has nuts.

Velocity had a tendency to have feet and leg issues. Southern Cross on the other hand was great for feet and legs and volume. Lots of deep bodied cows with rib out of Southern Cross. The Baccarats had the best doctilty. Orion cows was a hit and a miss on milk, Baccarats almost always milked. Lester Adler at Lamborn used the Baccarat bull a lot. Lester says he was the best all around bull he ever used. Lester was a huge fan of the Colorado 150 bull.

Aussie Kurgerand had a full brother that was used more the he was. M M Stretch had a better bw than Kurgerand. Also had a bit more spunk to them.

Red Bull Breeder":3csxzmoi said:
Velocity had a tendency to have feet and leg issues. Southern Cross on the other hand was great for feet and legs and volume. Lots of deep bodied cows with rib out of Southern Cross. The Baccarats had the best doctilty. Orion cows was a hit and a miss on milk, Baccarats almost always milked. Lester Adler at Lamborn used the Baccarat bull a lot. Lester says he was the best all around bull he ever used. Lester was a huge fan of the Colorado 150 bull.

Aussie Kurgerand had a full brother that was used more the he was. M M Stretch had a better bw than Kurgerand. Also had a bit more spunk to them.

Do you guys have any pictures of these old bulls?

Sadly very few pics out there. I have some semen catalogs from the late 80's, and their were precious few in there. I did have pics of all the bulls mentioned, but Hurricane Rita took care of that.

Latest posts