Liquid Fertilizer on Corn Planters ?

Help Support CattleToday:

I never used liquid, but I always assumed the flow would be more uniform and more consistent than dry fert. Liquid is more expensive, for sure. Unless you put a high value on liquid starter I'm doubting the price is really worth it.

Sometimes it's used to put starter fert on while they plant, then come back with a high boom sprayer and spray on nitrogen when it's about chest high to tasseling.

sim.-ang.king":3j1xh2os said:
Sometimes it's used to put starter fert on while they plant, then come back with a high boom sprayer and spray on nitrogen when it's about chest high to tasseling.

this is what I do I raise almost 400 acres of corn. I have always used the liquid fertilizer on corn planters.

ResizedImage_1355014934856.jpg

ResizedImage_1355014325891.jpg

Nice equipment. We never did any starter application, but going to start no-tilling corn and applying either liquid Nitrogen, or side dress. Just a few acres of corn, better off planting beans in our area.

sim.-ang.king":3et35xzw said:
Nice equipment. We never did any starter application, but going to start no-tilling corn and applying either liquid Nitrogen, or side dress. Just a few acres of corn, better off planting beans in our area.

Thank you.. Yea i raise beans too... corn burnt up this year beans did fine. sounds like a good plan.

sim.-ang.king":qeo65sep said:
Our corn ended up making 7 bpa avg, what about your's

corn was pitiful so i cut it into sileage for the cattle.. I had turned it into crop insurance so figured after they approved the claim id use it for cattle.

Latest posts