Limousin Yearling Photos

Help Support CattleToday:

Paisley07

Reaction score
This is Katrina,she is a yearling Limousin heifer.She's my 4H project for the coming year.
6bcok8i.jpg

4xxl061.jpg

53zf76p.jpg

I'd love to hear your opinions on her!

Thank you! Haha my horse is a 28 year old QH,he's the sweetest thing but gets annoyed by the younger animals sometimes :roll:

i let my old rope horse stay with my cows. he might bite at one if they get to close. but he wont chase em. he had enough of that a few years ago ;-)

I know what you mean,he used to be a cow horse and went to some big shows,but now he stays away from the paparazzi (and cows) on trail rides. 8)

cowboyup216":2r075u8v said:
That heifer is framey I will give her that. I dont like limousines though I think they are ugly. That is just my opinion though and opinions are like bung holes every body has one.
I appreciate your honesty.You never know what kind of judge I'll get at the fair after all ;-)

Paisley07":2c1hab0t said:
This is Katrina,she is a yearling Limousin heifer.She's my 4H project for the coming year.
[I'd love to hear your opinions on her!

I think she's pretty, though a bit leggy. Is she registered? Most red Limis around here are a darker color, almost orange. Good luck with her....

nortexsoook":w7ata5hd said:
Saddle that horse, uh I mean limo, up and see if you can enter her in a few claiming races!!

LOL!!!

Why?

Alice

Frankie":376nz426 said:
Paisley07":376nz426 said:

I think she's pretty, though a bit leggy. Is she registered? Most red Limis around here are a darker color, almost orange. Good luck with her....

If I was to guess, I would say she's a fullblood...If that is true it might hurt you a bit at judging time. Good luck with her

The pure breeds are usually a little leggy. I am not familiar with any other breed but limos though. I do think she is beautiful. I do not know anything about showing cattle, but allot of people on the board do (Thank goodness!!) I do think she could use a little weight, but not to much, because limos are not suppose to FAT.

I'm still learning too :) Fortunately,many of my friends show heifers so I have connections.Also Katrina was shown along side her mother when she was a weanling (I think) and they placed first. As for weight,it's a work in progress.

Frankie":3fa2cqzb said:
Paisley07":3fa2cqzb said:

I found out she is registered.
actually she aint bad lookin just rangy. get some extra pounds on her before the show
She's only on hay and the pasture right now,hopefully we'll get some rain cause like the rest of the south we're in a horrible drought. Around August/September she'll be put on feed.

Thanks again guys,keep the critiques coming,I'm still learning![/quote]

She needs some feed. Looks like a decent heifer. Good luck.

"If you haul them calves around long enough, you're eventually gonna find a judge that likes 'em" - County Extension Agent

My first thought also was she is leggy...but you got to love a limi to love one...she is a nice looking heifer, but will be a big one, she looks great for just being on grass. Because she is big it might take a little extra to make her look as full as the competition. Good Luck and post more pictures as she grows :) donna

Paisley07":ovc5c8au said:
Frankie":ovc5c8au said:
Paisley07":ovc5c8au said:

I found out she is registered.
actually she aint bad lookin just rangy. get some extra pounds on her before the show
She's only on hay and the pasture right now,hopefully we'll get some rain cause like the rest of the south we're in a horrible drought. Around August/September she'll be put on feed.

Thanks again guys,keep the critiques coming,I'm still learning!
[/quote]

Hey Paisley.. I just have a question about why are you waiting to put her on feed around August/ Sept? I like her looks.. specially for a yearling. Looks like you already got her halter broke. I think she will be a fine show heifer for you. And you are right, it all depends on what kind of judges you have.
Good luck with her, and keep us posted.

Latest posts