Limi Bull Makes a Break for it

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
A long yearling Limi bull broke away while being unloaded at the Minnesota state fair last week. There were a couple near disasters before he took issue with a red fire hydrant. He reportly put his head down and hit the plug straight on -- resulting in one stone dead Limi bull. The good Lord was looking out for us that day.

Had to have been 747 Bloodline in him coming out (my guess) !

blk mule

Wonder if they had him tested for BSE/Mad Cow?

Never heard of a show animal going nuts with no provocation.

I am glad no one was hurt.

Joy in Texas":97x26865 said:
Nothing really has to spook a limi. They are nuts.....

That is poor.

There are crazy animals in each bred. Our aren't bad at all. I am sure we aren't the only one that don't have crazy Lims.

A bull, is a bull, is a bull...my Daddy pounded that into my head. I used to think it was because he was overly protective...until a bull nearly killed my granddaddy and busted up my brother.

Who knows why the bull went nutz...lousy luck of the draw for the owner...and, what was meant to be for the bull.

Thank God the bull was the only fatality.

Alice

Joy in Texas said:
Nothing really has to spook a limi. They are nuts.....
J+ Cattle said:
Sounds like natural selection for disposition!!!

J+

I know who the breeder is, and have seen them show many times. It would really surprise me if they brought anything "iffy" to the fair. I am completely confidant that this bull was not "nutty" or he would have stayed home. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I am sure that he was a very well trained boy.
We are working with animals here, no matter how well trained they are, they are still animals. Animals do go crazy once in a while. It's just how they are. I truly feel bad about what happened to this breeder, they are very well respected around here, and it surprised me when I heard it was their bull. I am sure that they are devistated about what happened.
I am thankful that no one got hurt, and I will keep this as a reminder to stay on my guard at all times around these animals, because they are very dangerous.

I saw it happen. It was verrrry scary for everyone.

That was unfortunate for the breeder.. and of course lucky no one was hurt! You can never tell what will make an animal spook like that for no apparent reason. A few years ago a Brahman bull got loose at a show and ran over a few people on the way. Luckily no one was hurt badly, but very scary!

baxter78":rip4biyh said:
Just goes to show what has always been my experience. Limis have never milked good and all have been as crazy as a japanese kamikaze pilot. Ive never seen a tame limi. Even the ones that people claimed were tamed eventually and all of a sudden went nuts and hurt or even killed a few people.

We got close to 30 years with Lims that says with the right management your wrong on all counts.

Limcowbag8x5.jpg

I am with Wewild on this there are crazy's in every breed not just lim's the crazy's belong in the plate not the pasture.We have had some lim's that were dang fine milker's and great mother's.

rattler

Latest posts