Let the calving begin! I think I'm Ready!

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
Got my calving pen all set up with pens on both sides hope I don't need it but I think I'm prepared. I threw in a few pics of the girls with their new babies! B&G

That's a very nice setup.

Here's hoping that all your calves are healthy and your stanchion proves to be insurance that you don't need to collect.

Nice set up! Doesn't seem like the maternity pen gets much mention on this board. Almost everybody has one up here. They sure beat a squeeze for calving issues. For a few years that is all we had (no squeeze or any other headgate), they can be used for just about anything.

creekdrive":zls92dsx said:
Nice set up! Doesn't seem like the maternity pen gets much mention on this board. Almost everybody has one up here. They sure beat a squeeze for calving issues. For a few years that is all we had (no squeeze or any other headgate), they can be used for just about anything.
I agree! I like this one cause it's made like a sweep. It's made by 'Real Tuff". Haven't used it yet and not hoping I do! LOL B&G P.S. Thanks for all the nice comments. :tiphat:

I like being able to keep the mommas with their own babies for a little bit, even if it's just an hour or two, there's been a lot less calf confusion since. Particularly for first timers.. An ounce of prevention once again is worth a pound of cure.

Nice setup, I don't have any barns or covered areas.

Latest posts