Are they ready?

Help Support CattleToday:

Regardless of age, you will get a closer breed up if they are on the gain. We prefer our heifers to go to grass as green 700 weights they are on pasture for 5 weeks before bulls are turned in and cycling like crazy. Keep your breeding dates short on heifers and your cow herd will be much more fertile in time.

Regardless of age, you will get a closer breed up if they are on the gain. We prefer our heifers to go to grass as green 700 weights they are on pasture for 5 weeks before bulls are turned in and cycling like crazy. Keep your breeding dates short on heifers and your cow herd will be much more fertile in time.
I just opened up a lot of annual
Rye that i planted in october to them. I excpect them to come in again around the 12th and I'm adding the bull
On the 17th. That gives them 6 weeks on winter forage, hay and grain. Once they're bred i'll cut way back on the grain for the first trimester.

Maybe? Have them pelvic measured. And then use a calving ease bull. I turn out my heifers when they're 15 months, but 14 shouldn't make much difference and they look to be in good condition.
Good point about calf easing bull. 15 months or 700#s whichever comes first she gets with the bull. Realize that calving will be 9 months down the road and she will be two years old by then. The

Going to put a young beefmaster over them. His bw was 73 pounds and his parents are tanks.