Less drama on Facebook.

Help Support CattleToday:

Absolutely, words are defined. Put together than convey information. I am not disputing that.[/quote]

And the words are written by real people (as far as I know anyway) and those people have emotions and feelings, faults and attributes.

Bigfoot":1krtqz4r said:
No joke, what are we talking about here. Facebook, or CT?
Bigfoot looks like we're going to ahve to try facebook. I try to be 100% honest all the time in what I post and how I feel about things. If that's considered divisive or offensive by some, something is wrong. If facebook is "different" don't think I want any part of it. Guess everybody over there agrees with you and pats you on the back regardless of what you say. :bs: :bs:

TexasBred":spnzsn18 said:
Bigfoot":spnzsn18 said:
Bigfoot looks like we're going to ahve to try facebook. I try to be 100% honest all the time in what I post and how I feel about things. If that's considered divisive or offensive by some, something is wrong. If facebook is "different" don't think I want any part of it. Guess everybody over there agrees with you and pats you on the back regardless of what you say. :bs: :bs:

I couldn't agree more TB, you're awesome, good job, well said, atta boy! whooptie doo!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sorry, got caught up in the feel good feelings for a minute there.

TexasBred":zv4b34br said:
Bigfoot":zv4b34br said:

I think the format on a forum is better for exchanging information. FaceBook excells for displaying photos, family events, activities, etc. I think the conflict or feuds as some call them are fun. Let the drama roll.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

inyati13":15b5j1k4 said:
TexasBred":15b5j1k4 said:
Bigfoot":15b5j1k4 said:

I think the format on a forum is better for exchanging information. FaceBook excells for displaying photos, family events, activities, etc. I think the conflict or feuds as some call them are fun. Let the drama roll.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

For the record, and not that it matters to anyone, but I HATE FACEBOOK!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

FB and CT are 2 differant things and i have alot of friends on both.i also have alot of beefmaster breeder friends on FB. i also can keep up with who has cattle for sale on FB.but i spend more time on FB.

Deepsouth":1lzqrp40 said:
One of the problems people on here are having is this: They have not learned to focus on the subject. They are divided by their effort at retribution and salvaging their pride. The result is they make a fool of themselves and post a message that no one understands except that we all know they are emotional wrecks. [/quote:1lzqrp40 said:
BINGO!
That's it right there. You and I have had some pretty deep discussions on our beliefs on the existence of a deity and we both stay civil. People even commented on how well we handled it. You a self proclaimed pagan and I a staunch believer. Can't get any more opposed than that. We both make our case for on own belief while at the same time we try to understand the others point of view and where that view came from. It is a chance to both teach and learn. To stay on the subject at hand which is very emotional without letting our emotion get control over us. We do not chastise each other or put other down because we don't agree. For a long time religious discussion was strictly banned on these boards but it seems that lately that has let up some. I think your and my CIVIL DISCUSSIONS had something to do with that.

I still not sure if any of us are really here :???:

Deepsouth, I acknowledge that coming on a Conservative Christian forum like CT and confessing that I am a PAGAN is stepping pretty hard on some folk's toes. I credit you with being one of the few who had the skill to receive it in a civil way. That led to a civil teaching/learning experience. The credit goes to you.

Chuckie":1efqvbd2 said:
:lol2: :clap: :lol2:
You know we love you Ron, even though love is only a four letter key word.

I love you too, Chuckie. :D
A poor job of communication. I will try again.

My point is that the drama is not stressful. It is totally within the control of the USER to decide how they want to be affected by the drama. I base that on the fact that the relationship on a forum is not PHYSICAL. You cannot pick up a 2x4 and hit me between the eyes. You can type letters into words, put those words into sentences, put those sentences into paragraphs and send them to the server.

Then I have to access the server, willingly and knowingly. Then I have to willingly and knowingly find your transmission and read it. They cannot reach out and harm you. For someone to do emotional harm, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DO IT TO YOURSELF. Emotional harm occurs in YOUR brain. Not THEIRS. Their words are no more than pebbles in a stream if that is how you want to percieve them.

Example: Inyati is the dumbest dam IDIOT that ever sucked an egg. He frequently sucks eggs and hides the shells!

OK. If I AM an IDIOT, then I have to look at that and say, "The accusor is correct. I asspire to accept what I am. The accuror did not harm me. So why do I care."

OK. If I am NOT an IDIOT, then the accusor is incorrect and is a dam fool for making incorrect accusations. So why do I care.

The fundamental concept is this: What you do with information occurs in YOUR brain. If a person does not do you physical harm, they are benign. This is not just true on a forum. It can be true in the physical presents of another person. Many times have I stood eye to eye with another man when serving him a paper he did not want. I have been called a "shyt eating dog" but as long as he did not lay a hand on me, I always walked away with a smile on my face.

PS: In reading the responses on this thread, there were a number of posts that stated the drama does not bother them. In regard to the drama resulting from the cowgirl8 posts: I enjoy her. I like her pictures. However, I understand why she gets the treatment she gets. Her words convey to me that she truly has an innate incapacity to appreciate anyone elses contributions. I am convinced beyond doubt that she does not read and digest the other posts. That is who she is. I accept her.

inyati13":1wshm9ts said:
Chuckie":1wshm9ts said:

My point is that the drama is not stressful. It is totally within the control of the USER to decide how they want to be affected by the drama. I base that on the fact that the relationship on a forum is not PHYSICAL. You cannot pick up a 2x4 and hit me between the eyes. You can type letters into words, put those words into sentences, put those sentences into paragraphs and send them to the server.

Then I have to access the server, willingly and knowingly. Then I have to willingly and knowingly find your transmission and read it. They cannot reach out and harm you. For someone to do emotional harm, YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO DO IT TO YOURSELF. Emotional harm occurs in YOUR brain. Not THEIRS. Their words are no more than pebbles in a stream if that is how you want to percieve them.

Example: Inyati is the dumbest dam IDIOT that ever sucked an egg. He frequently sucks eggs and hides the shells!

OK. If I AM an IDIOT, then I have to look at that and say, "The accusor is correct. I asspire to accept what I am. The accuror did not harm me. So why do I care."

OK. If I am NOT an IDIOT, then the accusor is incorrect and is a dam fool for making incorrect accusations. So why do I care.

The fundamental concept is this: What you do with information occurs in YOUR brain. If a person does not do you physical harm, they are benign. This is not just true on a forum. It can be true in the physical presents of another person. Many times have I stood eye to eye with another man when serving him a paper he did not want. I have been called a "shyt eating dog" but as long as he did not lay a hand on me, I always walked away with a smile on my face.
Words CAN hurt. Haven;t you seen the geico commercail?

dun":2or88r12 said:
inyati13":2or88r12 said:
Chuckie":2or88r12 said:

Words CAN hurt. Haven;t you seen the geico commercail?

I have not.

Although I hate drama in real life, I must be oblivious to it on forums. I'm on other forums where I read posts about how dramatic the forum is, but I don't actually recall the drama myself. I feel the same here. People are always commenting about drama here, but I never see it, or maybe I do and just don't consider it drama.

Latest posts