Less drama on Facebook.

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":rgfbry1l said:
The drama does not bother me. None. I don't watch T.V. but people go there for a dose of drama. Movies are drama.

IMO. If you are stressed by what goes on here, then take a moment to define it:

Let us assume as I am, that I am sitting at my laptop in my own domain. I type words that are transmitted in context to a server that makes those words available to Cattle Today users. There is absolutely no physical interaction. Everything I type or any reference to me by another user is electronic symbols that I can interpret and/or perceive however I want to in my brain.

No one sees the USER in physical form. It is strictly an exchange of information. I cannot get emotional over that. I don't. Even in the physical presence of others, I have never reacted much to other people. My mother makes a frequent observation about my growing up. She said that she would often wonder about my lack of reaction to attempts of my siblings to irritate me.

I prefer this type of media for the exchange of ideas, thoughts, and information because it is strictly about words and word usage. I love words and the art of employing them to convey information. To me, it is strictly unemotional. I see the drama as strictly a form of entertainment.

Are you saying none of us are really here? I think I understand.

No one sees the USER in physical form. It is strictly an exchange of information. I cannot get emotional over that. I don't. Even in the physical presence of others, I have never reacted much to other people. My mother makes a frequent observation about my growing up. She said that she would often wonder about my lack of reaction to attempts of my siblings to irritate me.

Ron, that description of yourself makes me want to watch "The Pod People" on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

backhoeboogie":3mwf4s92 said:
Back when a certain moderator was driving off a bunch of favorites, we all hooked up on FaceBook.

A whole lot of people here can go see my friends and family.

Folks this is the honest truth. I haven't unfriended a single one of them. They're good people.

I am blessed to have quite a few CT members as FB friends.
I think they can attest that I am not full of BS and am just a down to earth gal that loves her family , her dogs and Kit Kat and really loves her cattle and takes pride in the herd I have built through AI and very strict culling . I am also honored to receive the awards we have gotten from our cattle association .
I am not full of drama, I am real , and sometimes things and people p me off . That is normal. More importantly I love my friends and hope that I am supportive and there for them whenever they need me to be .

Deepsouth":3hpayjqa said:
inyati13":3hpayjqa said:
The drama does not bother me. None. I don't watch T.V. but people go there for a dose of drama. Movies are drama.

Let us assume as I am, that I am sitting at my laptop in my own domain. I type words that are transmitted in context to a server that makes those words available to Cattle Today users. There is absolutely no physical interaction. Everything I type or any reference to me by another user is electronic symbols that I can interpret and/or perceive however I want to in my brain.

I prefer this type of media for the exchange of ideas, thoughts, and information because it is strictly about words and word usage. I love words and the art of employing them to convey information. To me, it is strictly unemotional. I see the drama as strictly a form of entertainment.

Deepsouth: When I read a post, I focus on the words. That is all that exists. Words on a screen. I don't employ any other associations. When I post, I focus on the construction of my response. Like a carpenter builds a house. STAY on subject. It should be an unemotional task.

One of the problems people on here are having is this: They have not learned to focus on the subject. They are divided by their effort at retribution and salvaging their pride. The result is they make a fool of themselves and post a message that no one understands except that we all know they are emotional wrecks.

In a sense, we are not here. We are in our domicle. Some of us like me see this as a word game. Others are deluded into thinking it is some kind of beauty contest and they want to look their best.

BTW: At this moment, I got a PM in which another USER accussed me of posting this about them. It validates just what I stated.

The above message is not about you

I have always been fascinated by the human ability to selectively read what they want to hear and disregard what they do not want to hear....

over my life I have been responsible for writing a lot of official correspondence....
It is truly amazing what you will get back when you need replies or feed back....
half of the people need more information....
the other half don't bother to read it yet because it is too long and boring...

learned long ago never to print or send anything printed front and back....those who wish to save paper demand it....those who read the correspondence never turn it over......

sent out a simple survey once..to over 500 people...2 pages front and back....simple yes or no or multiple choice or short fill in the blank answers,,,got a few over 300 back...it was an important survey....about one hundred and fifty called me to discuss the survey, not counting the untotaled calls to my field staff.....of the three hundred mailed responses.....fully over half did not answer any of the questions on pages two and four....the backs...

I will never put anything on the back of anything bigger than a post card again.....

One of the problems people on here are having is this: They have not learned to focus on the subject. They are divided by their effort at retribution and salvaging their pride. The result is they make a fool of themselves and post a message that no one understands except that we all know they are emotional wrecks. [/quote said:
BINGO!
That's it right there. You and I have had some pretty deep discussions on our beliefs on the existence of a deity and we both stay civil. People even commented on how well we handled it. You a self proclaimed pagan and I a staunch believer. Can't get any more opposed than that. We both make our case for on own belief while at the same time we try to understand the others point of view and where that view came from. It is a chance to both teach and learn. To stay on the subject at hand which is very emotional without letting our emotion get control over us. We do not chastise each other or put other down because we don't agree. For a long time religious discussion was strictly banned on these boards but it seems that lately that has let up some. I think your and my CIVIL DISCUSSIONS had something to do with that.

I still not sure if any of us are really here :???:

1982vett":2olizrk3 said:
Deepsouth":2olizrk3 said:

My imagination isn't THAT good..... ;-)

I'm not sure if I'm really here :roll: Nowdays, I'm all :cboy: and no cattle. I miss 'em too :cry: , but it frees me up to travel and do other things I never could before.

Problem is I don't have ambition to do much stuff like that either. I can clearing see the validity of the statement that "youth is wasted on the young" :lol: :lol: :lol:

There. That's my :2cents: contribution of drama :tiphat:

1982vett":1fhs4zdv said:
Deepsouth":1fhs4zdv said:

My imagination isn't THAT good..... ;-)
Do think Chuckie's avatar is really a "dung beetle"?? Or is it....................................... :lol2:

inyati13":3bg80fie said:
Deepsouth":3bg80fie said:
inyati13":3bg80fie said:

Deepsouth: When I read a post, I focus on the words. That is all that exists. Words on a screen. I don't employ any other associations. When I post, I focus on the construction of my response. Like a carpenter builds a house. STAY on subject. It should be an unemotional task.

One of the problems people on here are having is this: They have not learned to focus on the subject. They are divided by their effort at retribution and salvaging their pride. The result is they make a fool of themselves and post a message that no one understands except that we all know they are emotional wrecks.

In a sense, we are not here. We are in our domicle. Some of us like me see this as a word game. Others are deluded into thinking it is some kind of beauty contest and they want to look their best.

BTW: At this moment, I got a PM in which another USER accussed me of posting this about them. It validates just what I stated.

Given that you and I have met twice in person are you saying that when you respond to something I might have said that you don't feel like you are speaking directly to me? We text quite a bit, is that somehow different?

Just confused....

TennesseeTuxedo":3t5ikjla said:
inyati13":3t5ikjla said:
Deepsouth":3t5ikjla said:

Given that you and I have met twice in person are you saying that when you respond to something I might have said that you don't feel like you are speaking directly to me? We text quite a bit, is that somehow different?

Just confused....

I think when you have met someone, there is an element added. You and I have also talked on the phone. That is for certain an added element.

TennesseeTuxedo":j0an3w2p said:
Well behind every click of the keyboard is a real live person Ron whether you (or I) have met them or not.

Acknowledged. But all you can accurately react to are the words that the server has transmitted in the form of electronic media. Thus, it is only the words that should bear on your response to them.

inyati13":2k8cik0r said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2k8cik0r said:
Well behind every click of the keyboard is a real live person Ron whether you (or I) have met them or not.

Acknowledged. But all you can accurately react to are the words that the server has transmitted in the form of electronic media. Thus, it is only the words that should bear on your response to them.

Ron, words are how most of us communicate and words MEAN things.

TennesseeTuxedo":1dx4t94p said:
inyati13":1dx4t94p said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1dx4t94p said:

Ron, words are how most of us communicate and words MEAN things.

Absolutely, words are defined. Put together than convey information. I am not disputing that.

Latest posts