Less drama on Facebook.

Help Support CattleToday:

There's way less criticized on Facebook than on Facebook and the chances are that all people on Facebook is your friends. No foes at there at all.

There are cycles here. I have only been here nearly 9 years. Registered 8 1/2 years ago.

Some people try the divide and conquer techniques. Others have enough backbone to stand their ground. You don't read any appeal in their words.

We have been divided. There was a time that every single post Caustic disappeared immediately. Seriously. True story. That angered me. Something was finally done.

There were times threads were constantly getting locked up. Emotions were flaring.

Then we hit the cycles were the waters are calm.

Skip over the posts that annoy you. Enjoy the people who give you laughs.

Shanghai":ya92dvfs said:
It'd be pretty hard to play pretend and blow smoke on Facebook when everyone knows you
Ya I agree. Either "they know you" in person or they know someone that does know you. Plus I just do not see the arguing going on there. Like Taurus said, the people on facebook are usually your friends that you have chosen to interact with.

I agree Kucala, "it is wearing me out" also. Enough so to maybe take a break.

branguscowgirl":1tumr5xg said:
Shanghai":1tumr5xg said:
It'd be pretty hard to play pretend and blow smoke on Facebook when everyone knows you
Ya I agree. Either "they know you" in person or they know someone that does know you. Plus I just do not see the arguing going on there. Like Taurus said, the people on facebook are usually your friends that you have chosen to interact with.

I agree Kucala, "it is wearing me out" also. Enough so to maybe take a break.

Me too
Sometimes I get on my own nerves :D

kucala5":u1dd201v said:
Has it always been this way? This is wearing me out.
There are cycles. It will pass. There is still a lot of great stuff here just don't look at the stuff that blows up into ten plus page disasters and you can steer clear of most of it. The trouble makers will either get dealt with or will tone it down and then it will be smooth sailing until they figure out how to get back on under a new username. :lol:

Just as BHB said, and I have said before in prior cycles, CT cycles. I has been that way for years, just as the same question will be asked over and over through the years by different folks .... It's just the nature of the beast. I just read the drama and forget about it and try not to particapate, does'nt mean anything and usually doesn't make me change my opinion about someone. Give it a week or so and ........

Bigfoot":jar1tcpf said:
No joke, what are we talking about here. Facebook, or CT?
No way. The people here are way to honest to fit in with what I've seen of facebook.
On facebook you can tell when someone is seriously pi$$ed because they put up a picture with a cute little generic saying on it that hints that they might be a little miffed and then makes veiled passive agressive comments that help you guess what they may or may not be mad about.
Here most people will tell you up front how they feel and what they think and I love that about this sight. I think it is a lot healthier than what I've seen on facebook.

The drama does not bother me. None. I don't watch T.V. but people go there for a dose of drama. Movies are drama.

IMO. If you are stressed by what goes on here, then take a moment to define it:

Let us assume as I am, that I am sitting at my laptop in my own domain. I type words that are transmitted in context to a server that makes those words available to Cattle Today users. There is absolutely no physical interaction. Everything I type or any reference to me by another user is electronic symbols that I can interpret and/or perceive however I want to in my brain.

No one sees the USER in physical form. It is strictly an exchange of information. I cannot get emotional over that. I don't. Even in the physical presence of others, I have never reacted much to other people. My mother makes a frequent observation about my growing up. She said that she would often wonder about my lack of reaction to attempts of my siblings to irritate me.

I prefer this type of media for the exchange of ideas, thoughts, and information because it is strictly about words and word usage. I love words and the art of employing them to convey information. To me, it is strictly unemotional. I see the drama as strictly a form of entertainment.

Back when a certain moderator was driving off a bunch of favorites, we all hooked up on FaceBook.

A whole lot of people here can go see my friends and family.

Folks this is the honest truth. I haven't unfriended a single one of them. They're good people.

Ya its not that hard to breeze over the junk. Once you been here a while you get better at it.

It's funny how if you have been here long enough you know stuff that people are hard core about. It's really funny.

If there is a thread about replacement heifers CB will come in and say his peace.

Tubs your gonna here TB's spill.

Hay gets me on my rant.

:lol: when you see one of those post you're just waiting for it. There are plenty more. We could probably make a whole thread of things you can count on from people.

Latest posts