Learned something new today (now with a photo)

Help Support CattleToday:

Good to see families and young kids having fun like that too many kids into computers and play stations and not getting out enough if you ask me

Oh and rkm use to be a tradition every Thanksgiving and Christmas get together on the farm and have big football games out in the hay field though

CowCop":3ueftgus said:
WHO does the laundry ?

Guess?

I have learned that the nasty mud/pond/manure stains come out if you wash them the same day....otherwise, forget it! There is also some kind of little black tiny tiny seed like things stuck to the clothes.....can't figure out what exactly they come from, but you might as well count out removing all of those too.
NCM

that picture is pricless! what fun those guys have! your a great mom for not freaking out about a "little" mud. it'll all come out in the wash. including the kids LOL Rose

I'd just come back in the house from bushhogging last summer to cool off a bit and get some water (it was HOT), when the phone rang.. It was my mom, and the first thing she always asks is "What are you doing?" "Out bushhogging," I say. "Isn't it too hot to do that?" she asks, knowing full well she had no clue what 'bushhogging' was.. "Yeah, but it's gotta get done." I say.. "Well," she says, "I hope you're at least wearing shorts, or you're going to die of a heatstroke..."

I looked down at all the burrs and chaff and seeds and briar twigs stuck in my jeans and said, "Uh, yeah... I'm wearing shorts.."

At least it made her feel better. :lol:

great pictures would have loved to see a picture of the mom :lol: :lol:

Mom, you are an asset to this site. I truly enjoy your posts and pics. Thanks for sharing.

NewCowboy":15bxnk8o said:
CowCop":15bxnk8o said:
WHO does the laundry ?

Guess?

I have learned that the nasty mud/pond/manure stains come out if you wash them the same day....otherwise, forget it! There is also some kind of little black tiny tiny seed like things stuck to the clothes.....can't figure out what exactly they come from, but you might as well count out removing all of those too.
NCM
I can totally relate with this! I spend just about everyday of spring, summer, fall doing laundry of this type for someone in my family. It gets so bad, my kids have good underwear and old, everyday underwear. Some things just don't always come out. It was fun seeing someone else in my shoes. Thanks.

NewCowboy":2zw8v0ys said:
I learned to not wear flip flops to go "check" the cows. Even if you think it will be a quick drive through to see if there are any new calves.....wear appropriate footwear. It turned out that we had two cows that had gotten out into the deer patches to get to the green grass and when I tried to get them to go back through the gate that was down, I lost my shoes in all of the mud and fell. It was a hilarious show for all of my kids and one of their friends. When my 9 year old tried to help his poor mom up, he was laughing at me....so I just pulled him in along with me. Then I was laughing...He learned a lesson to :p ...we had a good day. I hope EVERYONE who is angry or posting mean comments or threats will think about what is important in life :secret: . We all have different opinions and operations, but it is fun to be able share our experiences, photos, and tips with each other. I appreciate all comments when my son or I have a question.

NewCowboy's Mom :pretty:

thanks so much for sharing this story. thelazym is and will always be a family operation. the kids help in the chores which we all do together and they seem to enjoy it. i agree thats a good looking group of youngins you have there.

shutskytj":2yunps2w said:
Good to see families and young kids having fun like that too many kids into computers and play stations and not getting out enough if you ask me

Amen to that my twins play X box online all day. But once we sell the house in May and build the new house and then move to the farm they are in for a rude awakening. Hopefully they do not even have high speed internet to play on the computer. Iron Pants (wife) is also in for a rude awakening no more soap operas and eating boms boms :lol: she will need to be out on the pasture watching my cows while I work.

shutskytj":3bbglibq said:

Enjoyed the photos and story. Glad to see there are still kids who actually play outside.

J

Latest posts