Late in Life Marriage

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm going to a memorial Sunday, and in my condition I can only wear sweat pants. I'm sure my buddy would be more concerned about my condition than my sweat pants.

My wife just bought me sweat pants 'cause I didn't have any!😂

Here's what I looked like when I walked my daughter down the aisle about 3 years ago, so you can probably guess my answer.
My buddy shaved for the first time in 40 years and had a beard like yours. We were drinking a beer at the kitchen table with his daughter came home Scott where's dad and who are you drinking beer with. I don't know but this guy just came out of the bedroom with your mother.

If you looked like you do now when they asked you I'd say you are good to go. They had their chance to name any stipulations to the agreement.😄

In my parents wedding photo all my dad's brothers looked like a southern rock band complete with spacey stare. My mom's side were all these clean cut Beatles looking guys. It was quite the contrast.

My buddy shaved for the first time in 40 years and had a beard like yours. We were drinking a beer at the kitchen table with his daughter came home Scott where's dad and who are you drinking beer with. I don't know but this guy just came out of the bedroom with your mother.

That reminds me of when my son was going to the University of Texas. He has reddish-blond curly hair, and it was down on his shoulders. I got home one Friday afternoon and went down to my sister's house and didn't immediately recognize the young man at her table with the buzz cut.

When I asked him why he cut it all off he said "I got tired of people asking me where they could buy weed."

. . . Did I mention he was going to school in Austin?

What changed? The hips or the hair.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, mom said I never could control myself.
Both! Hair is now almost always in a ponytail or braid and I no longer have hips.

Waaaaaay before cattle. So! Much! Hair!

Attachments

• thumbnail_44337.jpg
    thumbnail_44337.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 32
My older brother, widowed 10 years, is getting married this weekend. I'm his best man -- again. I'm a little shaggier than my current profile picture. Will I look OK in the front of a big E-Free Church? OK -- maybe a lot shaggier! My hair is shoulder length, and the beard is appropriately longer. But I bought a new $600 suit at Men's Warehouse.
You're a class act Muletrack....I would have worn my best current farmer's outfit for my brother's wedding (be true to my nature)....I keep thinking $600. buys a lot of cattle cubes....$600. cattle cubes...Mmm, that sounds good. Your 2 hours of recognition and the pending closet dust afterwards is just not worth it.

You're a class act Muletrack....I would have worn my best current farmer's outfit for my brother's wedding (be true to my nature)....I keep thinking $600. buys a lot of cattle cubes....$600. cattle cubes...Mmm, that sounds good. Your 2 hours of recognition and the pending closet dust afterwards is just not worth it.
Or 3 bottle calves and milk.
Or a nice ol heavy bred cow.
Or 2 peewees to grow out.
🤣
Love the comment on the closet dust!

If they invited me I would go as I am. I wouldn't put on a "costume" that changed who I was.
your clothes and your hair are not who you are, what is inside you is who you are and it remains constant despite a beard or lack of a beard and despite what clothes you wear. If you put on a mask or a costume or a suit of armor, you are still the same you. The outside persona of how people view you may be different, but the inside is still the same. There is no difference. When it comes to pleasing others such as shaving or getting your hair cut to make them happier at a special event, that too is not a big deal, your not changing you, it's just cutting your hair, hair grows back, the event may not happen for them again, not much different than putting on a clean pair of drawers

Latest posts