Landowner problems when leasing

Help Support CattleToday:

$2 ho is in low demand or she'd be a $20 ho. :) lol

piddly irregular shaped 6 or 8 acre fields are in demand as low as a $2 ho.
Pardon my poor grammar. But $2 ho's are all over anything and everything!
Sometimes twice in the mornings...

Didn't someone in Texas take a bullet over a bad hay deal here a while back?
😆
Gotta pick your hill to die on I guess.
But landowners should be ashamed of the way they are acting towards the OP

Common sense tells me it's a split lease payment.
What idiot pays 100% before performance?
No lease, auto, business, home or land ect. is ever 100% in advance.
Same with contractors, who would ever pay 100% before completion.
We pay all leases up front first of the year. I have actually paid up to 5 years up front because the leases were in exchange for work (usually dozer or fence).

We have leases in writing with all this spelled out though, which makes all the difference.

First and last month rent is payment before performance.

As far as land leasing. The property's I lease yes I pay 100 percent upfront. . That is by my choice. I'm starting to see why so many people have a hard time getting leases.
Just made another today. One of my meetings with a neighbor about a dividing fence turned in to a "lunch date". This morning he text me to send over paper work for hunting and cattle. I'm going back down south Friday. When he hands me the signed lease agreement, he will get his lease check, in full. Going forward, it will be wired in to his account every single year on that day, in full.

Good business pays dividends.

It's all about dollars. If the pile of dirt and the daughter mowing the hay bothers you, drop the lease. Hopefully you can find something cheaper and closer but it doesn't sound like it. If you want to keep the lease call the owner and ask him if you can build a proper back stop for the kids that's not in the middle of the field and ask him how many bales the daughter needs them provide then at cost. You have every right to be mad but at the same time it's not your land. As far as lease payments go, I always sent the full amount a month early. Once they get the money in their hand they'll probably cash the check. You just never know what people are thinking and when they'll cut your lease.

Last edited:
Common sense tells me it's a split lease payment.
What idiot pays 100% before performance?
No lease, auto, business, home or land ect. is ever 100% in advance.
Same with contractors, who would ever pay 100% before completion.
I guess im
A idiot I pay my
Grazing leases up front. If I don't I won't have them cause joe blow down the road will

Drama.. come on man, the op has every right to be unhappy and should set up a meeting to discuss with the owner.. You're suggesting he call the cops on the owner's daughter.. worthless drama
So contracts mean nothing and someone stealing/destroying what you have paid for is something to let pass. Good to know.

She was IN the ACT of mowing when confronted and she continued. She has no right to be on the property at all, much less allowed to continue destroying the tenant's profits.

Man, I really don't get the whole, "defend the contract abuse" mentality. If someone is backed up to my shop and loading my tools in the back of their pick-up they aren't going to have the opportunity to drive off.

Last edited:
So contracts mean nothing and someone stealing/destroying what you have paid for is something to let pass. Good to know.

She was IN the ACT of mowing when confronted and she continued. She has no right to be on the property at all, much less allowed to continue destroying the tenant's profits.

Man, I really don't get the whole, "defend the contract abuse" mentality. If someone is backed up to my shop and loading my tools in the back of their pick-up they aren't going to have the opportunity to drive off.
I think the cops would tell you to take it up with them in court.

Latest posts