Land in exchange for labor over the yrs for employees

Help Support CattleToday:

Partition Lawsuit. The court will either divide it between them (that is very rare) or order it sold and proceeds divided.

For the life of me, I don't understand how a parcel can be land-locked these days. It is not allowed in Tennessee.
Not allowed to sell here either. The problem is, the original owner had an easement or at least permission to cross other property and he raised cotton on it. He died in the late 60s and NOTHING has been done with the property since, and it is now all grown up in chinese tallow and other invasives.. My brother-in-law paid the taxes on all of it while he was alive (his cousins were & still are all dirt poor) B-I-L died in 2019 and my sister now has it to deal with, as well as having to deal with late hubby's cousins.

Great grandma had two daughters. My grandma and her sister (great aunt). Left it to the sister. Sister died husband got and sold it.

Yep, it can get 'out of the family real easy, but like was stated above, I won't be worried about Earthly real estate by that time.

Get everything in writing with Attorneys....and clauses for deaths and transfer arrangements. My dad did a few similar deals. He sold 18 acres with an old bar, store and non-working gas station...for $200. a month until his death....(sold) to a good friend of his. His good friend passed away after 12 years...while dad was still alive in assisted care, being dad's guardian at the time...i let his son continue payments on behalf of his deceased father...as it was the right thing to do. There wasn't any written contract...everyone assumed in this case dad was going to die first. lol

Latest posts