Lame heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

piedmontese

Reaction score
Bought a black lame heifer today at the sale barn. She weighed 600 and I paid $300. It's her back right and not bad at all. Thin but not boney. I penned her alone with hay,grain and water. Plan to see if she recovers. If not I will feed her and eat her.other than being lame she's fine.gets around as good as anyone. Didn't go there looking for a gimp but I couldn't pass her up.

Sounds like you got a good deal either way! Did you check her for hoof rot or an abscess? I wonder if she has something easy to treat......

Yea looked for all the EZ injuries and didn't see any. No swelling either.she may have gotten hurt being transported to the sale. She was brought with a group of about 30 and split off due to the injury.

may have a full recovery and put you well ahead of the game. If she recovered fully you could take her back to sale ring and make out like a bandit.

I bought a Charolais steer like that 400 lbs for 170.00, penned him with food as he was also a little thin
and a couple months later you could not tell he had a problem , and he tastes wonderfull
Suzanne

Latest posts