lady bugs

Help Support CattleToday:

Japanese beetles..... we've had them for a few years now, apparently somebody (gov't agency?) thought they would be the cureall endall for aphids in soybean crops, so they were transplanted. They seem to be at the height of bugging the he!! out of you when beans are being harvested and you've got some nice warm sunny days. They stink to high heaven when you smush them, and they do bite. Vacuum them up in the house works, and spraying your outside doors and windows with a mixture of dawn dishsoap and water will help keep them away so they don't come in the house. NASTY THINGS!

Good luck!

Carlos D.":1aiayo2w said:
anyone ever had an infestation of lady bugs --house is full of them -Neighbours places.same thing--never seen this before, anyone else got them.

carl

I had that problem two years ago. I kept a shop vac next to the back door and vacuumed them off the walls and ceiling for two days every couple of hours. They finally quit coming in, (found out later they had settled in out in the garage). Some died over the winter, the rest left in the spring and never came back.

We had a ton of ladybugs last year...not so many this time around. I dunno why...but they didn't bother me....not like all of these blasted grasshoppers!

Alice

Around here they call them Aisan Lady Beetles. Look like a lady bug, only they bite. Every year when they start taking out the beans the outside of the house is covered, and more than enough make it inside. I just move my birds out every few days, bug bomb, come back in a few hours, open the windows and suck up the dead bodies.

We have those nastly little critters too! This year we seemed to have been blessed with box elder bugs too. Can't hardly get though the door with bringing a dozen in with ya! :mad:

Humm-I'll keep my grasshoppers and cicadadas--You can have my fireants..

FFAgal":nwtuudc4 said:
We have those nastly little critters too! This year we seemed to have been blessed with box elder bugs too. Can't hardly get though the door with bringing a dozen in with ya! :mad:

YOU TOO!! UGH another hateful creature!!

They are EVERYWHERE - you kill one, 200 come back in its place. I would love to talk to one of our AG guys that thought bringing those things into Wisconsin was a good idea!

Another problem we have been having here in central WI has been Earwigs ... never saw one before yesterday .... what a God awful ugly thing -- and it can run too!!

EARWIGS!!!! Don't get me started! I USED to have beautiful rose bushes until those nasty things showed up. I went out one afternoon and roses were just forming buds, went back out the next day and the entire bush was wiped clean! No buds or leaves-just twigs.

Spring 2005 we had lots of water and trees full of cowbirds (egrets) and no bugs. This year short water no egrets and enough grasshoppers to catch every bass in Texas. And that's just in my front yard.Z

BTW did you know those suckers can ride on the hood of your truck going down the highway at 75mph?

MillIronQH":2kw9ghbd said:
I am curious about one thing... If they're all lady bugs how do they reproduce??? ;-) Z

The same way "daddy longlegs" do

dun

:lol: we just had the perimeter of the house sprayed by
the exterminator and it works! NO MORE LADYBUGS! we have
done this the past 3 years. ;-)

mitchwi":2lpkg986 said:
FFAgal":2lpkg986 said:

YOU TOO!! UGH another hateful creature!!

What is so hateful about a ladybug? :???: They don't bite, they eat aphids (probably other destructive garden pests as well), and - as far as I can tell, they are harmless. :?

msscamp":17k2vhkx said:
What is so hateful about a ladybug? :???: They don't bite, they eat aphids (probably other destructive garden pests as well), and - as far as I can tell, they are harmless. :?

They're like most everything. In moderation they're no big deal, in the millions they're a pain in the butt. Several years ago we had to take down light fixtures and clean them out every couple of days because they got i and died enough that the light couldn;t shine through. Lasted for a couple of weeks and then they were gone till spring.
I look at them like snow. A dusting isn;t anything to think about, 3 feet is.

dun

Beefy":3233fnt2 said:
how do bugs get in light fixtures?!

That's one of the great mysterys of life. It's right up there with "how can the dog hear me thinking about going to the fridg" or what good is parsley?

dun

Insecticide called Tempo sprayed around the base of your home and around your windows seems to kill those asian beatles well. Along with all other insects.

Latest posts