Kubota M6800

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these tractors? Pros and cons of it?

Someone told me where a 2003 model four wheel with 507 hours on it was, with a loader on it. Suppose to be a really nice tractor. Tired of fighting all this mud, but sure is hard to spen the $$$$. $21,000 asking price. Thoughts?

you might have already seen all this stuff:
http://www.kubota.com/f/products/m4900.cfm

my friend's grandpa had one of the M8200's 4x4 with a loader, I ran it several times it was a strong tractor that handled well, he got rid of it because he said it was more tractor than he needed (he's down to puttin up a little hay for a few horses he has) and he has gripped about it ever since

as for the price they generally come down a little once you've done a little hagglin

I traded in a M6800 about 5 years ago, and got the same money that I paid for it 5 years earlier.

It was a very handy tractor and worked well for what it was designed for.

For my use it was a little light but that is another story. I would recommend it and wish I could have kept it.

Angus/Brangus":1jxfcja6 said:
tom4018":1jxfcja6 said:

Someone told me where a 2003 model four wheel with 507 hours on it was, with a loader on it. Suppose to be a really nice tractor. Tired of fighting all this mud, but sure is hard to spen the $$$$. $21,000 asking price. Thoughts?

Tom, we have two of the 6800's and both have been very good. The 4-wheel drive is what you want for any work in the mud. That price for a 2003 seems steep to me. I think you can get a 2008 equivalent in the upper $20's and with a loader!

A/B, How will a 6800 handle a 1500+# roll of hay on both ends? Have thought for while that a 6800 would work for me. That and pulling a 10' rotary cutter would be my heaviest work. Thanks.

Cowdirt":3jc6ncp3 said:
Angus/Brangus":3jc6ncp3 said:
tom4018":3jc6ncp3 said:

Tom, we have two of the 6800's and both have been very good. The 4-wheel drive is what you want for any work in the mud. That price for a 2003 seems steep to me. I think you can get a 2008 equivalent in the upper $20's and with a loader!

A/B, How will a 6800 handle a 1500+# roll of hay on both ends? Have thought for while that a 6800 would work for me. That and pulling a 10' rotary cutter would be my heaviest work. Thanks.

A new M7040 would run about $28700 without the hyd shuttle add $1300 for that. The way i feel today I should just sell the cows and all. But that is a whole another story. :help:

Angus/Brangus":198ijour said:

The 6800 would have no problem with those bale sizes on both ends. Even my two wheel drive handles them fine. The 4 wheel drive just gives you an extra measure of stability and when you have mud, it's almost a must. We too pull a rotary cutter and operate A Vermeer Rebel baler with ours.[/quote]

This interested me enough that I went to Kubota website. Specs say that a 6800 with 4WD (no cab) weighs 4610 lb.
I would be nervous about putting 3000 lb of hay bales on top of that. Not saying you couldn't, but safety and long term durability might be compromised.

The 7040 replaced the 6800. 62 pto hp. I have a little over 300 hr. on one also.

fitz

in our cab tractor you really didnt need a coat or turn the heat on much.because with all the glass an sun shining you be sweating.most times we would turn the ac on to stay cool an not sweat in winter.an when we use the heat er it was on low.an you still be to hot.

TNMasterBeefProducer said:
You happy with yours fitz? quote]

Yessir. Thanks for asking. It fits the application here. I replaced an M5030 with it. Same physical size just a little more h.p. which I wanted at the pto. Mine's just a plain jane with the open platform. I'm sure the cab is great and would like to have one but I'd probably tear it up hanging trees and such.

fitz

The XX00 series Kubotas are very capable, the M6800 one of the best. I have a M4900 MFD and regularly handle 1200 to 1400 Lb. haylage bales with no problem. Kubies are on the light side so you do need to weight them but they are rugged and in general no problems.

Got 2004 model that is 4WD. Great tractor. Handles 5x6 bales both ends. Heavy enough to stay on hillside when bush hogging. Plenty of hp, doesn't bog-down like the newer "turbo charged" models.

Just wish it had a better brake locking system. The ratchet teeth on the 2004 models wear too quick. Could use better lights. Have an awful time keeping the headlights in their little rubber holders.

Anyone know the secret to keeping the light in place?

Latest posts