KT...Are you gettin' around yet?

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13":2nyp3cp2 said:
Anyone know what the complication was? I hope he is doing better. Get well KT, you need to make the Mt Sterling courtday!
Hello everyone I am still alive. The first surgery took out 12" of colon and repaired the bladder. They thought they could avoid having to put a colostomy bag on me but things didnt work out. Last Friday they done a second surgery and really opened things up this time. Im not sure how much more they took out but as of now I do have my colon turned out my side, a drain from an incesion that took 17 staples to close, and an IV port under my right arm that I will have antibiotics put in every 8 hours for at least the next 2 weeks. I have lost 20+lb up until Thursday and more since i sure. But the good thing is im home tonight. I will be off work a minimum of 5 more weeks, already been 4 weeks, if all goes good. Sometime after Christmas I can have the colon put back inside and then no bag. That will mean 6 more weeks off work. I may have to work on that somehow because that is a couple more weeks than I have on the books.
fitz i had planned on coming to Hillsville to the trade day this weekend but not gonna happen now. 500,000 people there wanting to give me their money and im gonna miss it.

inyati13":j3wnz0tq said:
Anyone know what the complication was? I hope he is doing better. Get well KT, you need to make the Mt Sterling courtday!
Surely I will make it to Mt Sterling. Thats 6 weeks away. But we will see. By the time all the bills come in I may have to bring a lot to sell.

I am sorry that you are having so much trouble Kenny. Gut troubles are the most painful; I hope this time passes quickly for you.
As my brother always says, "Concentrate on getting to the other side of the problem." Once you get there, the doctor can sew you back up and you will not have to worry about the bag. It will be a short inconvenience for right now, but not a permanent one. Take care, get well, and you'll be in my prayers.

kenny thomas":209gtriw said:
inyati13":209gtriw said:
Hello everyone I am still alive. The first surgery took out 12" of colon and repaired the bladder. They thought they could avoid having to put a colostomy bag on me but things didnt work out. Last Friday they done a second surgery and really opened things up this time. Im not sure how much more they took out but as of now I do have my colon turned out my side, a drain from an incesion that took 17 staples to close, and an IV port under my right arm that I will have antibiotics put in every 8 hours for at least the next 2 weeks. I have lost 20+lb up until Thursday and more since i sure. But the good thing is im home tonight. I will be off work a minimum of 5 more weeks, already been 4 weeks, if all goes good. Sometime after Christmas I can have the colon put back inside and then no bag. That will mean 6 more weeks off work. I may have to work on that somehow because that is a couple more weeks than I have on the books.
fitz i had planned on coming to Hillsville to the trade day this weekend but not gonna happen now. 500,000 people there wanting to give me their money and im gonna miss it.

I do not even know what to say Kenny ,tears are running down my cheeks . I hate that you are going through this. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers . Sending lots of positive energy , and love from the Hillsdown's .♥

Kenny, I am very sorry to hear this. Diverticulosis is a tradition in our family. Right up there with dogs, guns, and goofiness. My brother, Henry, who is the Pendleton County Judge/Executive had the surgery a year ago. It took him until after Christmas to get back to normal. I take about 10 times the normal dose of Metamucil. I take so much, I bought the company. It was cheaper that way.

My family has been going to Mt Sterling Courtday since the 1950s. There was always a couple of shootings and a dozen stabbings. Just clean hillbilly fun. My brother would drag out his black and tan coonhounds that he didn't like and walk up and down the street with about 3 or 4 on a leash. Everyone was going up and down the street trading guns, knives and watches. I remember my dad would go to Courtday with an arm full of broken wristwatches. Not one of them worked. If they had those flex bands that were all the rage in those days, it didn't matter if it worked. Those hillbillies just liked it because it had some shine on it. About noon, dad would be back with all his watches gone but a few pretty good pocket knives. By the end of the day, he would have traded up to a nice old shotgun or .22 rifle. He would sell that. He would buy us all something to eat and pay for the gas back home. My brother would have traded all his dogs for one that he said would be the best coonhound in the county. After he hunted it for a week, he would find out he was cheated.

It will be there next year. You need to keep your strength up now. I know several people who have gone thru the same procedure with similar complications. They are doing fine now and you will also. Hang in there and please keep us posted.

fitz

Latest posts