Korean guest

Help Support CattleToday:

jedstivers":225owe65 said:
M5farm":225owe65 said:
jed, When I met Anguscowmans lovely wife I thought she was from south Florida. We don't talk they do up here in panhandle.
That's good they ain't got to all y'all yet. Hold on for the South.
Yep
He was just being nice and didn't say she talked like a Pollock from New Jersey

hillbilly beef man":2w9q19lj said:
There is a Thi lady that has a little hole in the wall resturant around here. I like spicy tex-mex, but I learned real quick tex-mex spicy and Thi spicy are two very different things. I got curry chicken and i asked her to make it spicy. Never again. It felt like I was bellying up to a volcano for a bowl of hot lava. The next morning it felt like I was sitting on a lit road flare. Now I tell her to leave it mild.

I don't think it matters what you tell them. Had a really good Thai place we used to eat at and order pad Thai. They used a scale of 1-5. The 2 came out the same as a 4. I think they just let you feel like your part of the process and the fact that it was still too spicy was your fault for not picking a lower number.

Hook those ribs already look good, I don't see how you could go wrong.

That was fun! Took them around to a couple of closer places. Randy's grandpa runs just over 100 that they finish out. Prices here are cheap compared to there, but they have been battling the pig disease, which is driving beef up.
They were on a time crunch and hinted that they were ready to eat. Randy's mom is the kind of lady that says what's on her mind. When she got here the first words were " where did you learn to make Kalbi". I told her from a recipe and her eyebrows went up. Then she asked me if I had made it before. To which I replied yes and it was very good! She said "we'll see"
So we're talking about the difference in Korean cows ( which are bigger) and hay (55/roll for big 6x6 rolls) and feed ( which even with transport from here to there is cheaper than I can buy it) while Randy's mom is translating. And the dogs are playing with grandma and the 2 young men, 15 and 16.
The kids are having a blast on the trampoline and I'm cooking the beef on the grill which is smoking hot. 2 full platters disappeared in no time. randys mom is cutting and serving, putting the meat into a romaine leaf with some rice and some bean paste. Everyone sits while I finish cooking and they are folding these Korean tacos for me and handing them out. It was very interesting to see them in action. I learned how they serve it up and got full while still grilling.
Then grandpa breaks out some clear Korean whiskey and passese a shot glass. One small sip. My eyebrows went up. That's some good stuff! The rest of the shot went down the hatch. Everyones eyebrows went up. Grandma said something in Korean about me getting drunk but I assured her I was a professional. So grandpa sent another round. That stuff was as smooth as some of the finest shine I've ever had.
Randy's mom said "I can't believe he's still eating" referring to her dad. I guess he's not a big eater. Both grandma and grandpa said via translator that it was the best meal they've had since they've been here. I was very happy even Randy's mom was impressed. We finished up with some grapes and strawberries they brought with them.
Overall....it was a great honor to talk with them and listen to the differences between the 2 countries.

Jogeephus":2ylr6wug said:
Pretty neat meeting people from across the world. So if their cows were bigger what breeds do they raise?
It's some cow that looks like an ox almost she said. Called a hanoo or hanew. They are raised in pens for most of their life, sometimes being turned out on the rice patties

The young man on the left really needs another pair of rims for his glasses. They are so .... so .... oriental. :lol2:

Hook, that's about the best thing I have read on here. You are a scholar and a gentleman. A great ambassador for America, and American beef.

I'd never ate those ribs. I showed my wife your thread and we'll be making them next weekend for my son's birthday dinner. Mmmm. Can't wait.

Good story. Maybe you can go see his operation someday.

First look I thought the serving plate for the ribs was a 5 gallon bucket lid. Had to look close knowing you from Bithlo and everything.

Latest posts