Korean guest

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":1sqz7nf8 said:
hillbilly beef man":1sqz7nf8 said:
Hook":1sqz7nf8 said:
When you go on a trip would you rather have food that you can eat at home or food that represents the local culture? Honest question.
To me trying new food is the best part of traveling, but everyone is different.
Absolutely but some things they eat I am not even going to try. Sorry. I could never be "Andrew Zimmerman". :lol2:

IMO, sale barn cafe gals are some of the best cooks in the country. Their burgers beat all 8)

I would have a few different places in mind to show him, but first have the translator ask him if there is anything in particular he is interested in or wants to see. This is possibly a one time experience for him and it would be a shame for him to miss something he wanted to see. :2cents:

Hook":xzfnlm5e said:
Auctions here are Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. He flies in Wednesday and out Monday to another city

That's a bit of a bummer :(

Another :idea: might be to take your company to the local family owned cafe/lounge. If they were my company I'd take them to one of the two places in my nearest town ;-)

Edit: Thought of another idea except it likely won't work :oops: In season, stopping by a farm/ranch auction for a short time might be something to attend, but auctions are few and far between this time of year :(

I agree. He specifically asked his grandson (my friend) to see how american cows are raised. I was honored that they asked me. I'm going to do my best to show him all the different aspects that I can. I think they would be sorely disappointed with the local cafe. It's not much more than a coffee hangout that also sells gas

Hook":qqq1jex2 said:
I think they would be sorely disappointed with the local cafe. It's not much more than a coffee hangout that also sells gas
Yeah, you might want to avoid that one. If it gives YOU gas it might kill him. :mrgreen:

jed, When I met Anguscowmans lovely wife I thought she was from south Florida. We don't talk they do up here in panhandle.

M5farm":1y04hq38 said:
shaneb":1y04hq38 said:
Thats good M5 because i would hate to see yinadequacieshim trying to understand each other. I can send deepsouth up there to translate just in case.

I need a translator when I talk to deep south. His text messages are hard to understand also.

This is a blatant attempt to high jack Hook's thread and cover up your own inadequate abilities to correctly articulate that complex form of communication common to the United States known as the English language by ridiculing a fellow member of these prestigious boards.

Both of y'all ought to be banned!

Hook":uul49224 said:
When you go on a trip would you rather have food that you can eat at home or food that represents the local culture? Honest question.
When I was in SE Asia, I learned not to sample the local cuisine too much, but then too, I once ate a cheeseburger in Thailand that I'm pretty sure was made with monkey meat. The S. Korean food I did eat, was very very spicy--as in HEAT. The preferred snack in a movie theater for instance, instead of popcorn, was dried squid/octopus, and ya better have bought yourself a Coke to go with it--it was pretty fiery.

Having said that, I'd go the safe route and just share with him what you and yours eat every day.

Trying to mimic what someone else's home cooking is half a world away, rarely works well unless you are really familiar with what they cook, how they season it etc.

There is a Thi lady that has a little hole in the wall resturant around here. I like spicy tex-mex, but I learned real quick tex-mex spicy and Thi spicy are two very different things. I got curry chicken and i asked her to make it spicy. Never again. It felt like I was bellying up to a volcano for a bowl of hot lava. The next morning it felt like I was sitting on a lit road flare. Now I tell her to leave it mild.

hillbilly beef man":1d856my4 said:
There is a Thi lady that has a little hole in the wall resturant around here. I like spicy tex-mex, but I learned real quick tex-mex spicy and Thi spicy are two very different things. I got curry chicken and i asked her to make it spicy. Never again. It felt like I was bellying up to a volcano for a bowl of hot lava. The next morning it felt like I was sitting on a lit road flare. Now I tell her to leave it mild.

There's a Thai restaurant next to my wife's doctor and we eat there once in a while. I ordered something called "volcano chicken" once.
Only once.

hillbilly beef man":190757bk said:
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: Trying to visualize this. :lol: Had to be painful.

TexasBred":2ghk8o3d said:
hillbilly beef man":2ghk8o3d said:
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: Trying to visualize this. :lol: Had to be painful.

Why on earth would you try to visualize that? :roll:

Deepsouth":3nfuyv2p said:
TexasBred":3nfuyv2p said:
hillbilly beef man":3nfuyv2p said:

Why on earth would you try to visualize that? :roll:
Why Not?? :roll:

Latest posts