Kawasaki Mule

Help Support CattleToday:

The Kawasaki Mule also comes in a diesel model. My neighbor bought a new Kubota to replace his worn out Kawasaki Mule and he later tried to sell me the Kubota so he could buy another Kawasaki Mule.
Tom

I have the large four seater Kubota and love it. We keep the back seats folded up most of the time except when we have the grandkids or other visitors. We bought it because we wanted a diesel with a HYD. bed lift and it has a lot larger bed with the seats up. The mules are good machines but the Kubota seemed to us to be a bigger stronger machine for not much more money. When we were looking the only way to get a hydraulic lift was an aftermarket add on that cost about $1000. They are heavy machines but you won't get one stuck unless you high center it. If you are looking for speed then this isn't your machine, but they are stout and will carry 800 lbs and not miss a beat.

bird dog":30prhnwc said:
they are stout and will carry 800 lbs and not miss a beat.
mule-hay.jpg

bird dog":1tdmd7rh said:
Haymaker if you are up in the Waco area you are welcome to come drive mine for some real world experience before you make your decision.

Thanks for the invite,but no Im in the Boerne/Fredericksburg area,so tell me about your Kubota how long you had it and any problems out of the ordinary ?
good luck

Sorry for the delay. We have been at the farm since Thursday and I don't have internet access down there. I see you bought a mule. They are good machines and I'm sure you will be pleased. I will answer anyway for others that might be interested. We have had our Kubota about 10 months. Around 150 hrs. I have had stuck twice, both times it was in a wet area where the creek had washed in some silt and the machine would dig itself down until it high centered. Like I said, I farm in the Waco area which is black gumbo soil and to make3 things worse most of our property is in the flood plain.. We drove all over the farm last winter with a lot of time running through standing water 1- 4" It handled this very well with the only problem was having to dig the gumbo out from under the machine. I was embarrassed on how it looked at times. My wife has been driving it all summer spraying Mesquite trees and even with the high temps and slow stop and go speeds it has functioned properly. The only mechanical problem I have had is it starting running a little hot but this really wasn't the machines fault as I failed to keep the radiator pre screen clean and it got clogged from wild rye grass seeds earlier this summer. It is a bigger machine than most with a larger factory installed hydraulic bed and this greatly influenced our decision to purchase.

On another note which might help you with the mule. We did not like the plastic roof they offer for these machines not to mention they are expensive. The main thing we didn't like was that they didn't hang down over the side to block the sun when it is at low to the horizon. Instead we bought the heavy brown canvas tarp from a TSC for $27.00 and attached it with bungys. We used the 6' x 8" size and it hangs down about 6" all the way around. After a couple weeks this heavy canvas conforms to the the shape of the roll cage and now barely even flops in the wind. Maybe it won't last very long but I can buy a bunch of replacements for what they are asking for a plastic roof.

Stocker Steve":1lfv7hg4 said:
For that kind of money why wouldn't you get a used jeep CJ or a small pick up?

You nailed that one, Stocker. For the price I paid for my Mule I could have bought a really nice Jeep for the ranch. And Jeep would have a heater and keep you dry too! :p

I have 2 Kawasaki Mules -- One I bought in 1999 with over 3000 hours on it and my newish one I bought in 2009. They both run great. My advice is: Don't fix it if it works.

JustSimms

Latest posts