Justice is served

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry said:
sstterry said:
I really don't want to get into this fray, but there is a difference between active war and a restrained prisoner. My Great Great Grandfather was a POW in the Civil War. He was released and I am here.

The South....can't you read my Southern drawl when I type?

Honestly no, most southerners take a more direct stance than you and stick with it. Must be the schooling.

sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Which side?

Well we both know East Tennessee wasn't firmly behind the Southern cause so I was curious.

My grandmother used to tell me about a relative of hers who fought in a North Carolina regiment. He was a captain. Somehow along the way they misplaced or donated his uniform and sword. I wish I had them today.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sstterry said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Which side?

Well we both know East Tennessee wasn't firmly behind the Southern cause so I was curious.

My grandmother used to tell me about a relative of hers who fought in a North Carolina regiment. He was a captain. Somehow along the way they misplaced or donated his uniform and sword. I wish I had them today.

My maternal great grandpa was in the 7th Texas Cavalry. My great grandma died in 1963 she had his uniform and Sabre in a trunk. I would love to know where that ended up. She was one of the last surviving widows of the confederacy drawing veterans pension.

Logar said:
Just because we are in their country does not mean we should play by their rules. If we start doing that than we are no better than they are. Whats the old saying... take the high road. I believe that applies here.

To a certain extent I agree with you - however when you are there and the kids come to shoot - trust me you will start to think differently.

This is only one of the many reasons we were NOT allowed to win.

In WWII we firebombed an entire city called Dresden. Today that would be a war crime.

As I write the Allies in the "Stan" are negotiating to give that country back to the Taliban.

It will turn right back in to what is was before we went there.

All those lives wasted.

So.............

Having boxed up a few friends I wonder why we even went.

The rest does not matter when you are wiping blood off a friends face before you zip the bag closed. That way his family does not see it.

For that reason I do not care.

You go to win or you stay home.

Period.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow - now definitely out of this one.

Cheers.

I have no problem with shooting back at a kid who is shooting at you... we just dont need a picture of it. The picture is the crossing the line part in my book... not the shooting back.

TennesseeTuxedo said:

My son's Eagle Project was mapping and putting up a kiosk to honor Civil War Vets at a local cemetery. My father admitted to me that he found an old sword in the house as a boy and traded it for a buggy harness. I know the gentleman he traded it to and called him offering to buy it. He told me that it was long long gone. But he was one of my father's best friends and he ended up gifting me a rare original Colt Confederate Pistol along with the history behind it. He later also gave me a Confederate flintlock rifle that was converted to cap and ball for use in the war.

Logar said:
"He was found guilty of taking a picture of himself with the dead boy "

12 years old is considered an adult in i s l a m i c countries and they are sent to war against western soldiers.

One cannot judge by our standards when sending your own off to war in a country with rules foreign to ours.

As soon as those "boys" reach puberty they are considered to be an adult in that part of the world, given a rifle and told to go out and hunt down anyone from the west.

Out of this one as far too many will chime in to cry when in fact the truth on this side of the ocean will never be known or potentially even accepted. And you just proved it by showing how little you know about that part of the world.

FACTS don't have feelings ! ! ! ! ! !

:bang: :bang: :bang:

All that is easy to say, but remember, someone, has to live with all they do..and account for it one day to a higher judge than a court martial.

Having said that, kitty footin around is no way to prosecute a war either.

And, I just don't see the value at all, in taking a picture of yourself with dead enemy.
Tried not to hate them, tried to always remember they believed in their cause as much as I did mine.

msplmtneer said:
keep going until the ones we are fighting give up and surrender! Like they say All Is Fair In Love And War! :tiphat:

So, that begs the question, if they have surrendered, is it OK to stab them in the neck? (Note, the testimony was clear the cause of death was not the stabbing, someone else admitted to shutting off the air tube in an alleged act of mercy). But, should we abuse them if they are in custody and restrained?

sstterry said:
msplmtneer said:
keep going until the ones we are fighting give up and surrender! Like they say All Is Fair In Love And War! :tiphat:

So, that begs the question, if they have surrendered, is it OK to stab them in the neck? (Note, the testimony was clear the cause of death was not the stabbing, someone else admitted to shutting off the air tube in an alleged act of mercy). But, should we abuse them if they are in custody and restrained?

We should torture them no worse than they've tortured others.

sstterry said:
True Grit Farms said:

And that would make us no better than them.

I'm not trying to be any better than them, just get even and move along to the next one. These folks have proven what their made off, and have threatened to KILL us, and to me US means my family. I guess we see things differently, if you threaten to kill my family, I'll do my best to see you bleed out.

True Grit Farms said:
sstterry said:
True Grit Farms said:

And that would make us no better than them.

I'm not trying to be any better than them, just get even and move along to the next one. These folks have proven what their made off, and have threatened to KILL us, and to me US means my family. I guess we see things differently, if you threaten to kill my family, I'll do my best to see you bleed out.

I understand and respect your opinion on this. And, as long as it is active combat, I don't disagree. But in my mind, when someone surrenders the rules change as to how they should be treated.

Latest posts