Justice is served

Help Support CattleToday:

Buck Randall said:
Caustic Burno said:
We are at War!
If that war was being fought here by the same bunch views would change pretty quick.
They had no qualms about killing babies in the World Trade Center.
I say kill em all and let God sort em.
Read the River War by Winston Churchill.

Killing is a necessary evil of war. Killing unarmed combatants after they surrender is not. Not only is it wrong, it is terrible strategy. You do not want your enemy to feel as if they have no choice but to fight to the death.

"Kill em all and let God sort em" sounds great in the movies, but the problem is that God sorts us, too, and I don't remember "Kill em all" anywhere in the commandments.

This enemy has no fear of dying. And fwiw. Killing them all would be the perfect strategy.
They would certainly kill all of us and our babies if they could.

callmefence said:
Buck Randall said:
Caustic Burno said:
We are at War!
If that war was being fought here by the same bunch views would change pretty quick.
They had no qualms about killing babies in the World Trade Center.
I say kill em all and let God sort em.
Read the River War by Winston Churchill.

Killing is a necessary evil of war. Killing unarmed combatants after they surrender is not. Not only is it wrong, it is terrible strategy. You do not want your enemy to feel as if they have no choice but to fight to the death.

"Kill em all and let God sort em" sounds great in the movies, but the problem is that God sorts us, too, and I don't remember "Kill em all" anywhere in the commandments.

This enemy has no fear of dying. And fwiw. Killing them all would be the perfect strategy.
They would certainly kill all of us and our babies if they could.

It just absolutely puzzles me that everyone who is not a muslim doesn't think this way.

Buck Randall said:
You do not want your enemy to feel as if they have no choice but to fight to the death.
You think our troops don't have (and always have had) that same outlook? They enter the fray with it. Been around for a very long time.
"Malo mori quam foedari"

Brute 23 said:
Logar said:
"He was found guilty of taking a picture of himself with the dead boy "

12 years old is considered an adult in i s l a m i c countries and they are sent to war against western soldiers.

One cannot judge by our standards when sending your own off to war in a country with rules foreign to ours.

As soon as those "boys" reach puberty they are considered to be an adult in that part of the world, given a rifle and told to go out and hunt down anyone from the west.

Out of this one as far too many will chime in to cry when in fact the truth on this side of the ocean will never be known or potentially even accepted. And you just proved it by showing how little you know about that part of the world.

Just because we are in their country does not mean we should play by their rules. If we start doing that than we are no better than they are. Whats the old saying... take the high road. I believe that applies here.
As Noble as that sounds it's :bs:
We are in a war. And the high road is where fights are lost.

True Grit Farms said:
Pretty good discussion taking place in this thread, did a Mod2 get fired or just taking a nap?

Nope I am still here Grit.
Not napping either.
🦉

greybeard said:
Buck Randall said:
You do not want your enemy to feel as if they have no choice but to fight to the death.
You think our troops don't have (and always have had) that same outlook? They enter the fray with it. Been around for a very long time.
"Malo mori quam foedari"

Thank you for your service! You guys had a rough go of it with little appreciation back home!

I had a 70 something friend and client in my office a couple of weeks ago and I was trying to convince him to get help for his PTSD. He broke down and cried like a baby because people shunned him when he came back. All these years later and he is still suffering the consequences!

Thanks for your service, greybeard. For the record, I don't mean to diminish the value of what our troops are doing overseas. I just bristle when people want to act like everyone who goes is a hero, regardless of their actions. There are deadbeats and bad actors in our military, just like every profession, and I think blindly celebrating them cheapens the celebration that the great ones deserve.

Buck Randall said:
Thanks for your service, greybeard. For the record, I don't mean to diminish the value of what our troops are doing overseas. I just bristle when people want to act like everyone who goes is a hero, regardless of their actions. There are deadbeats and bad actors in our military, just like every profession, and I think blindly celebrating them cheapens the celebration that the great ones deserve.

Oh boy, Buck. You should never have used the word "deadbeats".

BTW. There were some good actors who served in the military. Jimmy Stewart, Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman, Henry Fonda, Charlton Heston, Sidney Poitier, True Grit, Kirk Douglas, and many others. Don't mention it to Tennessee Tuxedo, but John Wayne was not one of them.

Just because we are in their country does not mean we should play by their rules. If we start doing that than we are no better than they are. Whats the old saying... take the high road. I believe that applies here.

To a certain extent I agree with you - however when you are there and the kids come to shoot - trust me you will start to think differently.

This is only one of the many reasons we were NOT allowed to win.

In WWII we firebombed an entire city called Dresden. Today that would be a war crime.

As I write the Allies in the "Stan" are negotiating to give that country back to the Taliban.

It will turn right back in to what is was before we went there.

All those lives wasted.

So.............

Having boxed up a few friends I wonder why we even went.

The rest does not matter when you are wiping blood off a friends face before you zip the bag closed. That way his family does not see it.

For that reason I do not care.

You go to win or you stay home.

Period.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow - now definitely out of this one.

Cheers.

Logar said:

To a certain extent I agree with you - however when you are there and the kids come to shoot - trust me you will start to think differently.

This is only one of the many reasons we were NOT allowed to win.

In WWII we firebombed an entire city called Dresden. Today that would be a war crime.

As I write the Allies in the "Stan" are negotiating to give that country back to the Taliban.

It will turn right back in to what is was before we went there.

All those lives wasted.

So.............

Having boxed up a few friends I wonder why we even went.

The rest does not matter when you are wiping blood off a friends face before you zip the bag closed. That way his family does not see it.

For that reason I do not care.

You go to win or you stay home.

Period.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow - now definitely out of this one.

Cheers.

I had a Marine uncle that was a sniper was at Guadalcanal, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. I was his boy as he had all daughters. He told me a story of how they were needing Jap Officers for intel so they were offering a week liberty reward for them. He said after about a month command cancelled the reward as they had enough officers. My uncle said we went back to putting a bullet in their head.

I really don't want to get into this fray, but there is a difference between active war and a restrained prisoner. My Great Great Grandfather was a POW in the Civil War. He was released and I am here.

sstterry said:
I really don't want to get into this fray, but there is a difference between active war and a restrained prisoner. My Great Great Grandfather was a POW in the Civil War. He was released and I am here.

My great great was one of a famous regiment from East Texas.
They made the charge up Little Round Top. Eight thousand boys left east Texas and a little over 800 came home.
The battle tactics in that war weren't exceptional smart. It definitely reduced the DNA gene pool.

"At Sharpsburg his regiment suffered 82.3 percent casualties, the greatest percentage of losses sustained by any regiment, Union or Confederate, in a single day of fighting during the war. "

callmefence said:
Brute 23 said:
Logar said:
12 years old is considered an adult in i s l a m i c countries and they are sent to war against western soldiers.

One cannot judge by our standards when sending your own off to war in a country with rules foreign to ours.

As soon as those "boys" reach puberty they are considered to be an adult in that part of the world, given a rifle and told to go out and hunt down anyone from the west.

Out of this one as far too many will chime in to cry when in fact the truth on this side of the ocean will never be known or potentially even accepted. And you just proved it by showing how little you know about that part of the world.

So our military should start training guys to take over commercial flights and fly them in to civilian buildings over there? Maybe find some 15 year olds to strap bombs to and walk around over there? By you logic what is good for the goose is for the gander correct... after all... we are at war.

Brute 23 said:
callmefence said:
Brute 23 said:

So our military should start training guys to take over commercial flights and fly them in to civilian buildings over there? Maybe find some 15 year olds to strap bombs to and walk around over there? By you logic what is good for the goose is for the gander correct... after all... we are at war.

Common sense says we don't need to fly airplanes into buildings. We have cruise missiles.
We don't need to strap bombs to children. We have the equipment to chunk em far and accurate. :dunce:
If we happen to blow up the goose and the gander so be it....

Latest posts