Just Ordered Semen

Help Support CattleToday:

tnwalkingred

Reaction score
BG,

Thanks for the compliment on Advance 1098Y. I really wanted to buy some semen on his sire Advance 8050U but he is deceased and semen is no longer available. The Holdens have been doing things the right way for a long time IMO so I'll be glad to get some of their genetics in my herd.

KW

TT,

As an avid player on Draftkings I would agree that YES it is a lot like playing fantasy football. I've probably spent 2-3 hours every night in my recliner for the past two weeks looking at bulls. My uncle and I will put each other on speaker phone and compare bulls with each other while on our IPads. We both enjoy genetics and nowadays there is plenty of information to be taken in. There seems to be a hole in almost every bull but it's a lot of fun to find the one with the least amount of holes for the direction you want to go at a price that's within your budget. We both agreed that Ten X may be one of the best bulls on paper(if not the best) but he just doesn't pass the eye appeal test and his semen at $60 a straw didn't fit our budget. I will have to say however that when I watched the Deer Valley bull sale the Ten X bulls were hands down better than anything else they had.

KW

Latest posts