Help Support CattleToday:

osu shorty

Reaction score
100_0883.jpg

First baby born 4-7-06

Those look like shorthorns to me.

That is a cute picture.

Ryan

Yup they're some of my shorthorns. Emma is the mom who is out of a trump son and the baby is Beau out of Sin City.

What a pretty baby...and mama is absolutely beautiful. Congrats!

Alice

Thanks. Just be careful because he was 110# BW and last year she had a 60#. The cow is bigger and everything was ok, but I was nervous lol.

osu shorty":3ts3z5ju said:
Ya it's called line breeding.

Breeding that close would make me just a little bit nervous, granted the Trump line has done the breed good and has alot of influence on the breed, mainly the show type cattle. Is there any certain trait you are hoping to bring out in this line breeding?

We're trying to add more frame to her calves and her calf last year needed a little more extension. Sin City fit what we needed and the combination worked. We usually don't breed that close but wanted to try it with her.

Beautiful cow and calf.. great to see some shorties!!
Lovely roan, reminds me of one of my old cows.

I do have a comment on the line breeding tho (don't take it personally!): It's only called line breeding if it works... in any other case it's in-breeding.
I do tend to get a bit worried about 'line breeding', I've seen how breeders here have dug themselves into a hole. Hence the reason I'm using a new Canadian bull over mine, he hasn't got any rellies here so hopefully he'll do us some good!

Once again, a great picture!

JonB":2h1g3rno said:
What would be that Canadian bulls name Killala, if you don't mind my asking?

Shadybrook Scotty 83K... My boss has used him over a few cows so far and I'm quite impressed with the calves.

Latest posts