Jersey bull pot bellied ???

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954":f6rn7bkv said:
This is a jersey/brangus cross steer. The calves won't have much beef but this one has plenty of ear and naval to go around. I will get docked at the auction but I didn't have to leave work to pull a calf.
The jobs I had..I'd be money ahead if I did leave work.. :cowboy:

I am hoping this time my photo of him posts correctly.

First off, I never turn my back on any animal of significant size as that is just asking for trouble. Secondly, I have heard about the bad temperament of Jersey bulls and was shocked to find one of this size and demeanor.... that is why I bought him. When I was talking about leaning him out I meant just his gut as he appears fine everywhere else. And yes beauty is in the eye of the beholder so I understand that but I do think he is a good-looking jersey bull because most Jersey bulls look similar to the females... mine actually looks like a boy. I have observed other Jersey bulls and I know what y'all are talking about and agree that is why I'm so surprised by this guy... it doesn't mean I turn my back to him though. I'm a strong believer in natural selection and that applies to the human race as well... you don't turn your back to a thousand pound plus animal... ever!

I know he was raised on a bottle so that is probably why he has that gut thing going like some of you suggested and it could be the breed thing too. I will try worming him again to see if that helps. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks!

That link gives you a better idea of his size because he is standing next to a Romagnola heifer.

lms0229":14emydtl said:
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh586/larashannon1/A58E8AF6-B4EA-4FE7-BA71-DBA1A4B54B45_zpsahovrj7o.jpg
Typical mature jersey bull. They're sort of like us old men....got no a$$ so belly looks bigger. :lol: :lol:

TexasBred":ku0nj9gg said:
lms0229":ku0nj9gg said:
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh586/larashannon1/A58E8AF6-B4EA-4FE7-BA71-DBA1A4B54B45_zpsahovrj7o.jpg
Typical mature jersey bull. They're sort of like us old men....got no a$$ so belly looks bigger. :lol: :lol:
been transforming in that direction myself.. Suspenders are coming in handy.. No butt left to hold, what the guts shoving down..

Latest posts