JD 5510 clutch

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
How could someone totally burn out a clutch in a JD 5510 in 700 hours when it was only used for bush hogging?

dun

theres 2 ways you can burnout a clutch like that.1 is constantly riding the clutch while your working.2 the clutch an pressure plate was just bad from the start.700hrs shouldnt have blown a clutch. scott

Hey Dun, like bigbull said usually from someone resting their foot on the clutch pedal while riding along. Now I just need to figure out what made my throwout bearing start sqeaking at 600 hours.

Oops, I forgot. Maybe it is not toast Dun. Sometimes they need to be readjusted or sometimes the adjusting nut moves causing it to seem like the clutch is toast. I'm hoping maybe this is your problem.

They split the tractor this morning. Clutch disk is TU, pressure plate is also burned. The clutch peddle free play was the first thing they tried and found that it was run all the way to the maximum adjustment already.
Fortunately it is/was a used tractor that the local dealer took in on trade and let me have for a month to see how I liked it. Brushhogging it seemed like the clutch needed adjusting, loader work was when I realized it was probably more then a simple adjustment. They're eating the costs of fixing everything before I take delivery and not goosing the price any.

dun

I don't ride my foot there but on the 5510 clutch am I right in thinking Dun that it takes more than riding your foot to put any pressure on the actual clutch? I bet they have been pushing out stumps while bushoging.

sounds to me like the dealer didnt give the tractor the once over. its best thst they are eating the new clutch.b/c since your buying the tractor. its not right to make you replace the clutch.scott

dun":32nlfwmi said:
They split the tractor this morning. Clutch disk is TU, pressure plate is also burned. The clutch peddle free play was the first thing they tried and found that it was run all the way to the maximum adjustment already.
Fortunately it is/was a used tractor that the local dealer took in on trade and let me have for a month to see how I liked it. Brushhogging it seemed like the clutch needed adjusting, loader work was when I realized it was probably more then a simple adjustment. They're eating the costs of fixing everything before I take delivery and not goosing the price any.

dun

Good deal.....

bigbull338":1zpqfeez said:
sounds to me like the dealer didnt give the tractor the once over. its best thst they are eating the new clutch.b/c since your buying the tractor. its not right to make you replace the clutch.scott

I didn;t give them a chance. When they picked it up and got back to the dealers I told them to just haul it over to my place as is and I try it out. Glad I did or I never would have known some of it's kinks that needed to be fixed

dun

i had a feeling you knew it was coming in.an just told them to dropp it off at your p[lace. scott