JD 5075 E leak ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Stocker Steve

Reaction score
Got fuel running out from between the fuel tank and the rear axle housing. I assume the seam on the plastic tank is bad. JD wants over $400 for a new one... Is there a repair you would trust for this ?

With the cost of diesel, I think I would be driven to just suck it up and replace the tank.

My 5101e limited was leaking fuel on the left rear axle and it would run down the tire. I found the fuel tank is 2 pcs and is connected by a big rubber hose with hose clamps on both ends. Fuel seemed to be leaking from the rear most hose clamp connection. I tried tightening it some more but it didn't solve the problem. I finally drained the tank down below the level of the connecting tube, loosened the hose clamp connection to try to slide it on further but it would spring back. I ended up loosening the 4 rear tank mounting bolts pushing the tank forward, tightening the clamp and then retightening the 4 bolts.

So far its still dry. Fingers crossed....

a little history lesson on JB WELD it was invented to seal up cracks in engine blocks.

you have a point.on my 7040su the fuel tank and fill neck are heavy plastic.plus my fuel tank is under the floorboard.so im hoping nothing puntures it.

Latest posts