JD 4430 return hydraulic pump????

Help Support CattleToday:

cypressfarms

Reaction score
Hi all,

In the never ending quest for me to get a bigger tractor without selling my soul to the devil in the process, I ran across a JD 4430. It has a fairly strong engine, new main hyd. pump, loader, bucket, and bale spear. The problem is that it needs A return hydraulic pump in back. Asking price $7500.

Is this repair extremely extensive, and will it cost me an arm and a leg.

The tractor has been barn kept and in fairly good shape.

Any thoughts?

cypressfarms":1kadtegd said:
Hi all,

In the never ending quest for me to get a bigger tractor without selling my soul to the devil in the process, I ran across a JD 4430. It has a fairly strong engine, new main hyd. pump, loader, bucket, and bale spear. The problem is that it needs A return hydraulic pump in back. Asking price $7500.

Is this repair extremely extensive, and will it cost me an arm and a leg.

The tractor has been barn kept and in fairly good shape.

Any thoughts?

You can find a better deal on those old tractors than that.

Yep, arm and leg.

My cousin works for JD, he could answer this better than me. But if I had to guess, doing it yourself would probably run a grand or two in parts (just guessing) and paying a dealership to do it would at least double that.

Sell the green, buy the blue, stay outta the red. :p

cfpinz

cfpinz":3bjgcxq7 said:
My cousin works for JD, he could answer this better than me. But if I had to guess, doing it yourself would probably run a grand or two in parts (just guessing) and paying a dealership to do it would at least double that.

Sell the green, buy the blue, stay outta the red. :p

cfpinz

Cf,

I like my current old blue, but I need a bigger tractor and the wife has given me an ultimatum: No more riding the kids on the tractor; she's afraid of an accident. Some of my fondest memories were riding the 4020 with my dad. She would let me have them ride if the tractor had a cab, however, but I don't have enough arms and legs to pay for one.

So far I've only been able to find and old International 706. It was is really good shape, rebulit about a year ago, for $3500. No cab though.

Why not checdk with the local JZD dealer to see what kind of money the parts would run and how hard of a job it is?

dun

dun":184utnuj said:
Why not checdk with the local JZD dealer to see what kind of money the parts would run and how hard of a job it is?

dun

Good idea Dun. I planned on it tomorrow when they open. From what I can gather talking to friends here, the parts will run about $1000, and the labor will be slightly more......

Around here we have an awful lot of auction sales in the spring/fall months. Sign up for their brochures, watch the paper, and find an older farmer selling out his whole operation. If he has a tractor you like, go visit him a week or two before the sale. You can see how the tractor and other equipt is kept up, and you'll know a little something about the tractor before the auction. Beats the heck outta buying off a dealer's lot - "It's local"....Yeah, right!

cfpinz

Latest posts